1. Love is selfless.. I'm not very selfless sometimes. I should probably get better at it. But getting out of bed on Saturday morning to apologize to Teh Bear for being a crankyass was probably more loving than being totally selfless..
2. Being in love feels like PMS.... Seriously. It's a roller coaster. You've got 2 people who have "feelz" for each other, but they still manage to hurt each other and make each other laugh and cry and smile and feel safe... but sometimes you get pissed off.. It's difficult.
3. My favorite quote about love is "Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says: 'I need you because I love you.'" -Erich Fromm This has always been one of my faves since I bought a book of quotes back in middle school.
4. The most important thing in a relationship is trust. The knowledge that the other person will be there no matter what, no matter how much it hurts, no matter how stupid you're being, no matter how smart you are, unconditionally there for hugs and snuggles when you deserve it least.
5. A "deal breaker" for me in a relationship is the inability of the other person to take care of themselves. I am NOT your momma. I will NOT be your momma, you already have one.
6. The way I show love in my relationships is by doing nice things and gifts and trying to be affectionate (which is hard because I wasn't raised in an overly affectionate family).
7. I love seeing Teh Bear laugh when I'm funny. For a long time I was made to believe that I wasn't ever funny, in fact, I was barely tolerable. Teh Bear is showing me that I am actually pretty funny, even if sometimes I think he just laughs to make me feel better... ;)