Monday, October 28, 2019

Weekend Review {10/28}


Friday was school and work.  I ran on Thursday, so I skipped a workout and went home to take a nap before evening activities... because I know that if we plan anything on a Friday, it's just better for everyone if I take a nap.  Meri agreed.

I woke up to this. /swoon

Our evening activity was the Aquarium After Hours - Spirits event.  We dressed up as an old married couple and I have to say, I was impressed at well our outfits came together.  We made sure to act old when we presented ourselves for judging, to include a little quaky booty dancing... Because.. well, old people get horny too.

Dat big ass turtle!

While we did have a lot of fun, even with Fred (aka Crazy Eric), there was a horrifying part of the night... and it wasn't even like haunted house scary...

Teh German had an allergic reaction to some of the ceviche that he tried and he couldn't breathe.  The problem is that we have no idea what actually caused the reaction since who knows what was in the food that he ate.  We were in line for a drink and he turned to me with a scared look on his face that will haunt my nightmare and said, "I can't breathe." 

Ever the pragmatist that I am, I asked, "You're choking or you can't breathe?"  Like, these things require different solutions, so this isn't an irresponsible thing to ask, but at the same time, time was precious.  He clarified on the not breathing thing and I immediately went to find someone to help.  The closest person who might be able to help was a volunteer at the starfish and urchin tank who was rendered incapable when I said to her, not quietly, "I NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE!"  She actually responded and said, "Uhh, I don't know what to do."  I said, "Do you have a walkie-talkie?  CALL SOMEONE ON IT!"  Which she did have a walkie-talkie, which I noticed when she turned to the side, thankfully, and she immediately called for help while I went back to Teh German, who was still struggling to breathe and fighting the panic.  Within a minute we were surrounded by Aquarium staff who brought first aid kits and asked what was happening and fetched some water for Teh German, which helped immensely.  They offered an epi pen shot, but Teh German turned it down since the water had significantly helped the problem and he was able to resume breathing almost normally.

In addition to the Aquarium staff, there were several EMTs and nurses who were nearby when I had announced a need for medical attention.  An EMT checked Teh German's throat while a pretty drunk guy took his pulse, which was annoying since he's obviously still standing, so he has a pulse and it's probably elevated because shock and panic... but ya know, I'm not medically trained in anyway.  Teh German kept coughing and one of the nurses suggested that if he didn't take the epi shot, he should at least take a benedryl because the coughing was probably a side effect of the allergic reaction. 

At first, there was no benedryl to be found, but the Aquarium staff eventually located some and brought it to us about 20 minutes later.  Fortunately, we were easy to spot... LOOOL.  I knew Teh German was going to be ok when he joked with those who had offered assistance that he wasn't trying to make our costume of old married couple into a reality with his coughing and medical emergencies. 

We're always the jokesters when we're trying to downplay the seriousness of something. 

Otherwise, it was a great evening.  We didn't win the costume contest, as we should have.. But I still consider it a personal victory since I got Teh German to go out in public in pajamas.  If Teh German doesn't dress up on Halloween with me, I'm just going to say I'm dressing up as Jenny Lawson..  When I was putting on my mascara I realized that's kinda who I looked like with the rollers and the makeup, so I made sure to send this to Teh Sister and Teh Bestie once we were on the way.

The downside to the event, other than the life threatening scare, was that most of the beverage providers ran out of beverage by 9pm and last call was a 9:45.  Also, the best food provider ran out of food, boooo.  Most of the tables/bars were packed up by 9:30, which was depressing.  Oh well.

I wasn't starving but I didn't feel like I got my moneys worth in alcohol, I guess it was a trade-off for the medical assistance that was provided, lol.  We were home shortly after 10 and took care of the beasts and headed to bed.

I won't even lie, a woke up several times in the middle of the night and each time, I couldn't fall back asleep until I verified that Teh German was still breathing.  I'm a heartless bitch 99% of the time, but he put me in that weird 1% place where I will do absolutely anything to make sure that you're ok.  Because I can promise you, I would have done absolutely anything to make sure he was ok in the moment and after the moment.


Saturday morning, Teh German got up with the beasts and I rolled out of bed shortly after he did since I had to accomplish school things.  First though, I started with breakfast and coffee (all proper dairy products were added to their proper consumable (i.e. milk in cereal, creamer in coffee)). We had several packages get delivered, to include our Pack Up & Go envelope that Teh German says he won't open until Friday. 

I'm not even gonna lie, I was already trying to figure out where we're going from the weather report and flight schedule.  I definitely held up the envelope to the light to see if I could see what it said.. It says: Surprise Inside!

Siiiiiiiiigh.  Soooo I'll be waiting to see where we're going.  Teh German said I could open the envelope if I wanted, but I told him that we both know I can't keep a secret and he wants it to be a surprise.. sooooo for marital bliss, I'll wait... Sunday evening, I logic-ed that I'd like to open it when we wake up on Friday morning, just in case, so that way if it changes the items that I've packed, we're still at home to manage that situation.  He would prefer to wait until the airport, but I really don't think I'll last that long.  Shit, it's going to be a struggle not to know when I go to pack!

Other than my homework, the only thing we HAD to do over the weekend was take the dogs to meet a Coworker's dog since he offered to watch them, as long as our dogs go along.  We were there around 1030 to do meet and greets and we left around 1130, after the dogs had been introduced, walked together, investigated the yard together, and had some inside time together. 

Thankfully, everyone got along, so we hopefully will set up a dog sitting exchange, which will be nice.  Meri's happy tail started bleeding again, so this is what my legs looked like since I had worn a running skirt since it was 80 fucking degrees Fahrenheit.  Garbage.  Fucking garbage.  It's almost November.  Before we left Coworker's house, I bandaged her tail with duct tape, again, and hoped for the best.

When we got home, I showered (because I was covered in blood, obvs, and sweat).  Before I sequestered myself to the office for my entire weekend, I started the laundry since the Laundry Fairy didn't feel obligated to visit during the week, since she was waiting on the addition of Friday's sweaty gym clothes.

Product of washing dog sheets/bedding.

During a laundry rollover shift, I noticed that Meri had gotten her bandage off... FML.  I haven't found any traces of happy tail yet, but I also didn't go hunting because I just couldn't handle that.

Once I got started in the office, I didn't leave other than for bathroom breaks, to do the laundry, let the beasts out when necessary, and I went over to Teh PT House for dinner for about an hour because Teh German said I had to eat.  I ended up staying up till 0200 working on my research paper.  I managed to get all of this week's assignments complete and half of the paper complete.


Sunday morning, I still woke up early, considering how late I had been up, with the dogs around 8ish.  I grabbed breakfast and headed to the office to make progress.  I took breaks for peeing, because the only people more hydrated than me when I have to spend endless hours at my desk are individuals hooked up to an IV, and a Skype date with Papa G and Stepmom G.  I took lunch back to the office with me after the video chat.

I managed to finish the very rough draft of my paper by 2ish and then had to roll right into studying for a test... siiiiigh.  But this cuteness really did improve my morale:

I managed to finish studying by 7, took 25 minutes to scroll through social media and post on Snapchat, and I was in my spot on the couch by 7:30.  We started watching Friday Night Lights and I don't think Teh German loves it..

After 2 episodes, we completed bedtime chores (laundry and dishes forever) and then it was bedtime.


This weekend was tedious AF.  It was good that I accomplished all the goals I set for myself, but super depressing to spend the majority of my weekend in the office at my computer.  I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, but fffaaaccckkk, I'm so over this bullshit just for a piece of paper to prove I put up with bullshit to qualify for a job that someone will still train me to do.  Siiiiiiigh.

I finished the rough draft of my paper.  I'm hoping for a lot of feedback on it so I can have something better to turn in for the final paper.  There are still some things to add, but it's simple details from other research projects, so fine.  The final paper isn't due until the week of finals in December, so that's a silver lining to this shit.

I was able to study for my test and I'm glad that I have finally figured out the best way for myself to study, when given a study guide.  Go through every item on the study guide, write down everything about that topic.  Also go through all quizzes and write out the questions and solutions.  This is specifically helpful for PITA Professor's test since 50% of the points on his test come from a matching section, which 100% come from quizzes we've had and/or terms given on the study sheet.  #NoExcuses. 

I completed my assignments for the week, except for the research project stuff where I need to learn Python and read some academic journal entries that the professor sent to us to analyze.  I considered doing that instead of writing this, but I figured I deserved some blog time after my sacrificed weekend.

This week holds:
-HW shit that is due on Friday.. which I was not anticipating being assigned.
-Meetings for another class for shit that is due on Monday, that I can mostly mitigate/ do online if necessary.
-Tues: hairs did.
-Weds: test for the only class I have an A in.
-Thurs: Halloween, massage, dropping the dogs off with coworker after trick or treaters clear out since I didn't want him to have to deal with the beasts and children.
-Fri-Sun: ADVENTURES TO ????????

I have already decided I'm not bringing my computer with me on our trip, because I really don't need to and I really don't want to.  I even took PTO for Friday so I can truly be present and not having to half pay attention to my phone/deal with last minute tasking.  This means Teh German gets ALL MY ATTENTIONS, ALL WEEKEND LONG.  He's gonna be disappointed he didn't appreciate this last weekend more, loooool.

I'd like to get in at least 5-10 miles over this week, but we'll see since this week is already looking pretty chaotic... then again, that's how my life is.. so I'm kinda used to it at this point.  I'm really going to be stir crazy when I don't have a million balls in the air once school ends.

Happy End-of-October, Gentle Readers.  Hopefully, wherever you are it is actually FALL/WINTER and not this mid-summer night shit that Charleston has been experiencing.  The high is 83°F today and I'm full of hate and discontent over it.  I don't like working out when it's that hot outside.  I definitely don't like running outside when it's that hot.  + the 1millionty% humidity?  Fuck Charleston.  Ugh.


  1. OMG that is so scary! I’m glad that he’s ok though and y’all were able to make jokes about it!

  2. -That sounds so scary! I'm glad he's okay but UGH I can't imagine.
    -If we ever did a pack & go, I would seriously have to hide the envelope from Hubs. We did a surprise gender reveal and he almost didn't make it.


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!