Monday, April 6, 2020

Weekend Review {4/6}

I could have made time on Friday to post, but I didn't.  #SorryNotSorry


I got up with Teh German so I could get some shit accomplished in the AM.  Teh PT Wife and I headed to Sam's so we'd be there when they opened.  I finally managed to acquire some chicken, we had none, but there was a limit of 1 pack.. so at least I have 3 meals worth from the 1 pack since these chicken breasts came from Godzilla chickens.

We got in line at 5 minutes till opening time...
You can't even see the door from this point.
As soon as they opened, all social distancing went to shit.

After Sam's we made a pit stop at Krispy Kreme, because obviously that is a necessity.

Then we headed back home.  I did some work things and enjoyed socializing with my coworkers for Friday Beer Lunch on Zoom.  After the meeting ended, I headed over to Teh PT House for socializing since I felt like I was in the way since the cleaner was at the house.

Fun fact, if you ever wonder why nothing grows but weeds in our yard, please see the below photo for reasons why:


This photo is of a future pool, but I felt like it validated so many things about why I hate gardening.  Maybe if I could get shit to actually grow I wouldn't hate it so much, buttttttttt this is what I'm contending with.  Anddd if you click on that photo, you'll see that there is no "good" dirt at the top for growing things.. Just red clay.  Know what doesn't stimulate growth of anything?  Red fucking clay.  End rant.

Anyways, the rest of the afternoon/evening was spent enjoying outside and enjoying adult beverages.  It had been planned to get Chinese for dinner, but ALL of the Chinese places are closed.  After calling 5 places and getting no answer, we gave up and finally succumbed to Mexican for dinner, which Teh PT Husband picked up.

After Teh German got off work, he came over for socializing... and then he was called back into work for an emergency, which succcckkkeed.  We went over to Roux's House to check out the new screened-in porch for a while and to spread our Rona to the neighbors. 

Eventually, we headed home which coincided with Teh German's arrival back home, conveniently.  Shortly after, it was bedtime since Saturday was productive day.


We had a semi-slow start on Saturday, but it had been decided that we would 100% hang the rest of the shit on Saturday so that way the house was completely put back together.  You see, this was a real commitment because 1- it involved Teh German and I working together on something (always a struggle), 2- neither of us really wanted to do it (even though we both wanted it done).

For the most part, I managed to mitigate Teh German and I actually working on the same thing at the same time.  I had him do separate hanging things while I cleaned off all the frames for the living room (the other frames had already been cleaned, but I hadn't hung them yet) and then started work on the living room gallery wall.

Teh German managed the kitchen/dining room hanging and then when I'd ask for opinions on where to put frames, he'd give me his opinion.  I started out trying to replicate the gallery wall that we had before, but it didn't workout and it's fine.  It was giving me anxiety trying to replicate it, so I finally just overcame that problem and had Teh German help me with placement... and with handing me things.  I was up and down the step-stool a millionty time and I hope I reached my step goal.  Considering I did a half marathon on Thursday afternoon, my legs were sore and going up/down made me want to die on the inside, sooo if my goal wasn't met, I still consider it met, kthx.

Final positioning of the bedroom frames
andddd some mishaps (broken frame because cheap and a scuff on the wall, of fucking course).

Our neighborhood finally joined the cool kids and we had 2 food trucks serving dinner on Saturday evening.  Johnny Poppers (burgers) and Holy Roller (ice cream), count me in!  Apparently, towards the end, the cops were called because of a "gathering", which seems kinda shitty, but not surprising with the people in our neighborhood.  Most everyone was maintaining their social distancing, but whatever.

After dinner, Teh German headed out to go socialize and I stayed home to finish hanging the last few things.  After I was done, I headed to the computer for some online Cards Against Humanity with Teh Bestie and some others.  Unfortunately, my computer and I weren't on speaking terms, literally, as my mic wasn't being picked up and no sound was coming from my laptop, despite everything having tested perfectly on Wednesday AND my conference call on Friday afternoon working at 100%.  Siiiigh.  I spent an hour troubleshooting that, ended up installing a Windows update and deleting all of my sound devices and restarting so it would reinstall them automatically.  After frustrated tears, everything finally worked, even though I was an hour late to the game, despite having been ready 30 minutes prior to start time.  Le siiiiiigh.

Teh German came home while we were still playing, so we pulled him into the game and we sat on the couches on our laptops and played CAH with friends and listened to some jams.  Overall, it was a productive day, despite the frustrations.


Sunday runday.  Teh PT Wife and I headed out at 8 to get some miles in.  I suggested only a 10k so I could get my German Corona medal and she was game.  I ended up doing over 7 miles total with my run and a dog walk.  I also wasn't dealing with Meri's shit, so I walked back down the boring way so I didn't have to endure her duck/goose hunting as we walked down the street.  I'm sure she'll eventually figure out she can duck hunt from this direction too, but I'm going to enjoy my arm not being pulled out of it's socket until then.

While all that was happening, Teh German and Teh PT Husband started a digging project that involved renting equipment and lots of manual labor.  After breakfast and a shower, I headed to the computer to accomplish some homework things.  After 2 hours of no-success on my research project, I finally just went back to the stone age and used Excel to do some analysis of my data, like a cavewoman.  Siiiigh. 

I caught Teh German and Teh PT Husband right before they took the rental equipment back and suggested we do Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, since I had called and confirmed they were open, and they agreed.  They picked up the order on the way back home and I had ZERO regrets.

After dinner, I hung out with Teh PT Kid and Teh PT Wife, assisting with homework things and watching Max and Marcy be goofy.  Eventually, I headed back home and knocked out some German homework.  Teh German eventually came home and showered and had some, well-deserved, screentime.  I was surprised that he didn't go to bed early, but he's an adult and can make his own choices.

After finishing my hw, I started the laundry and brushed my teeth and headed to bed for some screentime.  Teh German came upstairs soon after I was in bed.  We chatted for a little bit, but I could tell he was tired, so I let him fall asleep.  After I ran out of lives on my Disney Emoji Blitz game, it was sleepytime for me too.


Overall, a very, VERY needed weekend.  It was a good mix of productive and relaxing.  Last week was such a rage-induced shitshow that Friday I mostly skated through work because I didn't want anyone to set me off.  The house is finally back to it's pre-painted state, which makes my brain sigh in relief.  There are several holes and paint touch ups that need to happen, but honestly, I'm not super worried about it until everything comes off the walls again... unless Teh German says something, then fine, I'll take care of it.

Since I don't really have a set school schedule anymore, I don't display it on my Google Calendar anymore and it looks like I have ALL THE FREE TIME!  I don't, but it gives me hope.  22 more days until classes end.  I still have the 3 finals, but no one has mentioned when those will be taking place, so I'm just going to endure those as they come.

There is going to be a virtual commencement ceremony, but I'm not planning on watching/attending that.  I'm sad I won't get my scroll photo with the ring, but I guess that's the trade off for all the gas I saved not having to go to campus every day for 2 months.  I already told Teh German that HIS graduation present from ME for dealing with me for the last 3 years his the new exhaust for Lars-Ludwig.  He said something about ordering it over it the weekend, but he didn't ask for my credit card (which I told him to do so I could pay for it), so I'm not sure if it happened.

Our Greyhound picnic was officially cancelled and so now my Current Happenings folder in my email is completely empty, le sigh.

We're already 6 days into April and it still feels like the March that never ends, I guess that gives March madness a whole new definition!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it feels like we're still in March. I have saved SO much gas. Like I still have just under 100 miles to empty & I haven't put gas in it in like 3 or 4 weeks... and I probably still won't have to for at least a couple more weeks...


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!