Part of me wanted to, but part of me didn't.
Probably because this year was ROUGH, in soooo many ways. It was a great year but full of some self-inflicted and not self-inflicted roughness.
The obvious things:
- Teh German and I got mawwied. We still like each other. We've now endured: an overseas vacation, building/buying a house together, moving, keeping things alive (the dogs/the grass), buying a new vehicle, death, hosting events, and planning a wedding. I'm not sure what the other life events are to test a relationship, but I'm pretty confident at this point we'll be ok.
- I started school... again. I'm going for a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science from The Citadel. Oh yeah, and I'm still working full-time at Company. And living real life.
- Which led me to: I've started taking anti-anxiety medication and it is magical. I'm not as ragey/stabby/yelly. Life is now handle-able, where before
Teh Germanlife would often cause me to have several breakdowns per month.
- Phil broke my heart. Pax is still working on healing it. Meri was the glue that held me together when everything was falling apart (when Teh German wasn't available/I was mad at him).
- I had hip surgery. My body hates me. The handicapped tag doesn't hurt my feelins nun.
The less obvious things:
- I read... a lot.
- Roomy the Roomba made a difference in our lives.
- We saw Ron White and Bill Engvall and went to a few Yelp events and some concerts (Blink 182, Andrew McMahon, I Love the 90s).
- Running continued to be a thing.
- Ladies weekend in Asheville, an impromptu Orlando trip to hang out with Teh Running Bestie at Universal and Disney, GEGR picnic, the Highland Games, MD for Thanksgiving,
- Teh German became a monthly feature.
- 4 parking citations....
- Dance lessons.
- No AC
- Started making my own laundry detergent.
- Survived hurricane season