Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Weekend Review {5/29}


Part of my goal for the week before my surgery was to ride Bagheera as often as possible.  To work towards that goal, I rode to work on Friday morning.  Work passed slowllllyyy.  At the end of the day, I got tasked, which was fine since I planned to work over the weekend anyways.  I left the office around 2:30ish and went to see Teh German at work.  I needed a large envelope and he'd forgotten to bring one home all week, so I just went to fetch it.

After stopping by the post office to mail a book back to it's owner, I headed home to release the beasts.  Eventually, I mixed up a beverage and headed to the pool to hang out with the Neighbor Besties.  I called Teh German on my walk to the pool and told him I was going to the pool and he should join us when he got home.  Before he walked down, I called and asked him to bring some refills for our beverages.  Best Fiance' ever delivered.  After being at the pool for several hours, it was finally dinner time and I had no plans for dinner.  Teh German said that sammiches were fine, so that's what we had.

By this point, I was super drunk.  That was not a deterrent from taking the dogs over to Teh PT House for smoking hour.  I finally got to play with the new hookah toys Teh PT Wife ordered.  Hookah really is like a science experiment.  We finally had it figured out and we changed it up.  No matter.  We have plenty of time to figure it out. 

Max and Pax

My "good" picture of Meri being adorable, curled up in front of the door.
I was 'rrrrrruuuunnnnnnnnkkkkkkk.


We didn't get up until 1030 on Saturday morning.  I wasn't in a rush since I needed to recover some.  I had warned Teh German earlier in the week that I had wanted to accomplish some cleaning over the weekend.  I made a list while we ate breakfast and then we finally set about tackling the cleaning.  I gave Teh German the task of dusting and cleaning the bathrooms.  I took on vacuuming the entire house and swiffering the floors. 

We took a break when Teh Dad called and it took some cajoling to get motivated again.  In addition to the floors, I also had to clean the rugs since I found a pee spot at the front door and I yelled at Phil even though it could have been Pax. 

After we finished cleaning, I headed to the pool with the neighbors and Teh German stayed home to have some alone time to nap and watch YouTube videos.  While at the pool, we all decided to go to Community Pizza House for dinner.  Another opportunity to ride was not passed up.

Cleaning bathrooms sinks and watching YouTube videos is exhausting.


Fritters and brussel sprouts


Bagheera hit 1000 miles when we got home.

When we got home, I discovered that Teh German hadn't cleaned the toilets and almost lost my damn mind.  I tried very hard to yell nicely, but "Maybe I just forgot" didn't sit well with me after I had busted my ass for over 3 hours vacuuming and "mopping" and cleaning carpets.  Especially since cleaning all 2.5 bathrooms in our house takes me about an hour and a half... that's including cleaning the tubs/showers, which he didn't have to do!  #RAGE  Teh German reminded me, "I dusted, too!"  Oh yeah.  Another 15-30 minute task. 

I took the 5 minutes to clean the toilets that hadn't been cleaned and left to go to Teh PT Neighbor's house for hookah.  Teh German, again, stayed home.  The adult beverage I had prepared helped simmer my rage.  I got home around 1230 and was finally in the bed by 01.


I was still extremely pissed at Teh German so I didn't sleep well or much at all.  When I woke up at 0500, I tried to go back to sleep, but was unsuccessful, so I got up and did several hours of work.  It was awesome!  I got so much accomplished.  I also cleaned up my office and made a list of frames I need to print photos for and a list of prints that need frames.

When we had planned pizza the night before, we had also planned brunch at Graze in Summerville (we've been to the Mount Pleasant location).  Another opportunity to ride was taken.  We met Teh Neighbors at noon.  As expected, the food was delicious.  I didn't appreciate such a horrible wait for our food considering the restaurant wasn't at capacity.

We finally decided to leave around 2:15, after Teh PT Wife made sure she got her unlimited mimosas money worth.  When we got home, I knew that I needed a nap to survive Teh SC German and Teh SC Teacher's wedding that night.  In a poor planning move, I didn't check out the directions/map to the venue, I just knew that it was "outside of Summerville."  Well, "outside of Summerville" turned into "almost to 95" which is about 45 minutes away.  FML.  I was able to sleep for about 20 minutes and then it was time to get ready. 

Of course, as soon as my alarm goes off, Teh German goes into the bathroom to also get ready.  I waited on him to get in the shower, but he kept doing other grooming things, so finally I said I couldn't wait on him to shower anymore and got in.  I knew when he hadn't showered first that we would be leaving later than I had wanted.  I told myself not to get stressed about it, which did very little to help me stress less.

I had wanted to leave at 3:45 and we left at 4.  Still enough time to get there in time, but cutting it close with traffic.  We ended up making it around 4:50.  Smartly, Teh German didn't say anything about the time or being late to me.  I was still pretty stabby on Sunday after the toilet debacle and was trying not to be, but was mostly successful when I just didn't speak to Teh German.

When we got to the wedding and started hanging out with everyone, Teh German relaxed.  I felt the shift and was grateful and was instantly less stabby towards him.  He knew most of the people at the wedding and he was more social with "strangers" than I'd ever seen him.  To him, they weren't actually strangers, but he had left me with a friend while he talked to other people I'd never met. 

Some Sailor Jerry, "just in case."

With Christy our wedding planner!

Dem smooth moves...

We had a blast at the wedding.  I knew better, but danced the night away.  We got to also hang out with our wedding planner.  We were able to be of service when the beer coolers needed a ride back to civilization and they hitched a ride with us.  When we got home at 1100, we grabbed the dogs and then headed to Teh PT House for a night smoke (btw, this means a cigar for Teh German and hookah for me, just to clarify).


We woke up around noon, but lounged in the bed until about 12:45.  We had zero plans and zero motivation.  Teh German had partied hard at the wedding, enjoying one of his favorite beers that he gets in the US (Molson, made in Canada) so he was in no hurry to get out of bed and I was making up for missed hours.  Teh Mom called and we chatted for a bit while Teh German and I continued to lay in the bed.  Hunger eventually motivated us to get out of bed, of course.  I had granola bars in the headboard, but we were hungry for more than that.  Yes, I keep granola bars in the headboard.  That's not weird, right?

Cheese stick stand off.  Neither wanted the brand new chews I gave them.  They both wanted the mostly chewed cheese stick.  Meri was pouting.  This lasted about 20 minutes until Pax walked away and Meri jumped up and stole the cheese.  Then Pax started pouting and trying to stand over Meri to make her give it back.  Silly beasts.

After eating, I pulled out a puzzle I obtained from work and started working on it.  Teh German helped me sort out the edge pieces and start putting together the edge.  When he started making his frustrated noises, I told him it was ok to take a break and he went to the couch for some YouTubes.  Teh PT Wife came over and picked up her new speaker that I had ordered for her on Friday night (yay for Prime!) and right before dinner Teh SC German and Teh SC Teacher/Newlyweds came by to pick up their coolers of beer.

I had planned for dinner (mostly so we'd have lunch on Tuesday), which was a first for the weekend.  I did chicken in the crockpot and red cabbage.  After dinner, Teh German did the dishes and I prepped dog breakfast and we sat down and watched some Modern Family.  Around 9, I said "no mas" and it was time to go upstairs.


It was an excellent, much needed, long weekend.  We partied hard and still had a day to relax and prep for a short week.  Today feels like Monday and tomorrow will be "Friday".  Surgery is on Thursday.  Based on my pain over the last 2 days, the surgery can't come soon enough.  I'm ready to be getting better already.

I have approximately a mabillionty things I need to take care of before Wednesday night...
  • Target returns
  • Get hip equipment (brace, cooling system, circulation boots, etc) from Steve (who has so far called once last week and said he would call me back and didn't.  I have a feeling with try to steamroll me on Weds.)
  • go to the grocery store
  • drop off 2 dresses at the neighbor who is hemming my dresses for me.
  • drop off a card at another neighbor's house (which I should make Teh German do, since it was his idea to send a card and I refuse to mail something to someone who lives on our street).
  • Walmart returns
  • laundry
  • Pack walks!
  • shave my legs
  • practice using my crutches
I also need to visit The Chiro and I'll be getting a massage on Weds.  I figure that being in alignment will help with the surgery and I'm not sure if I'll be able to be adjusted after the surgery.  

Here's to a "short" week and being productive and not having a breakdown before Thursday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!