Monday, February 18, 2019

Weekend Review {02/18}


Gym before everything since I had a hair appointment at 2, then school and work. 

We had essay day in German class, which I always go full-on overachiever for.  I realized this after I was the last one (not the indicator, tyvm), and I had to deliver all the essays to the professor.  I looked at my classmates' essays.  They took write 2-3 sentences about each chapter very literally.  I wrote at least 3 sentences per chapter, trying to capture the most significant parts of the chapter.  I don't know if my professor appreciates my efforts or dislikes that she has to spend so much extra time grading my papers, lol.

They blocked the walkway with this silk fencing and it makes me irrationally angry.

I finally used my KFC gift certificate for lunch.  A 3 piece meal with 2 sides and a drink was $9.85 or something, which was a perfect use of a $10 certificate.  Also, I'm confident there is MSG or crack or something in the original recipe thighs.  I can't explain it.

After work, I headed home since my hair appointment had been cancelled in the AM.  I was super pissed, that wasn't a joke on Friday about going through the stages of grief.  I've been wearing my hair up for over a week because it finally looks bad to me, which is usually about 1 month after everyone else has noticed that my hair is lookin pretty haggard.  Teh German skipped the gym because he wasn't feeling well (again, ugh).

We had a quiet evening watching The Office until bedtime.


Saturday morning, Teh German set a stupid early alarm since he was leaving at 0800 for the Beer Festival in Columbia.  He likes to have a "slow" start.. except that at 0715, he came upstairs to get ready.  I rolled myself out a bed a few minutes before thinking maybe we could walk the dogs or do something together before he left, butttttt I had assumed wrong in thinking that he'd already showered/etc.  Sooo instead, Teh German showered and packed and I went downstairs and puttered around until he left.

When Teh German left, I started working on homework.  I had some productive struggle with my Systems Engineering homework (aka Circuits 2, it's been bothering me that I didn't know the actual name of my class).  I also caught up on my Networks notes that I hadn't taken on Thursday because the professor was going too fast.  It was a good review.  Then I started on German.  After finishing at least the HW that was due on Monday, I decided it was time to head out and get lunch since I was starving.

The problem was, I had decision paralysis because Teh German was gone.  Usually we bounce ideas off each other until we come to a decision.  Without him, I could go anywhere and that was too much pressure.  I ended up going to Jim and Nick's since it was by Sam's and that's where I needed to go.  We needed a few items and I needed gas.  I also had to go to Walmart, which I also suffered through.  On my way home, I got stuck in the car wash... so close to the end...  It was only for a minute, but still.  I'd already sat behind some moron who was trying to scan their membership receipt to get through the gate.  It wasn't working because they hadn't gotten their windshield sticker before they left when they'd purchased the membership.  No less than 6 other cars went in front of us, despite being in the member lane because of this person. 

When I got home, I put everything away, then started up again on German homework.  I also messaged Teh NY Chef since she was at Teh PT House.  I asked if Meri and Pax could come and play with Max and Marcy.  She said yes, so I brought the beasts over and learned that Pax has a frisbee addiction.  If I hadn't stopped throwing the frisbee, Pax probably would have killed himself chasing it.

Meri was not as entertained.  She patrolled the perimeter, but didn't really play much.

Eventually, I packed up the dogs and took them home for dinner time.  After the beasts were fed, Teh NY Chef and I went to pick up Teh PT Kid, then we went to Codfather for dinner.

There was a wide variety of music playing and one of the songs that played was Summer Lovin' from Grease... which I know all the words to thanks to Teh Sister who watched Grease over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...  This was to the detriment of Teh PT Kid, who does NOT appreciate my singing in public, which he made the mistake of expressing to me.  I hadn't been singing in my falsetto opera voice or even doing anything silly, just singing along to the song.  BUTTTTT THENNNNNNNN.... the end of the song came and I leaned over and softly sang the last line in his ear... "Those summmmmmmmeeeeeeerrrrrrrr....." and then I moved away because I knew what was going to happen... and finished off the song with those really annoying last notes, "NNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIGHTS."  I confident if Teh PT Kid didn't have his tablet in his hand, he would have slid out of the bench and just sat on the floor under the table.  I hadn't noticed while I'd been singing through the song, but the table next to us had noticed I was singing and they definitely saw the grand finale and they cracked up... which only made Teh PT Kid more despondent. 

Because we were nearby, Teh PT Kid kept asking about the rickety train bridge in Park Circle and if we could go by it.  I did one better.  I planned for us to go under it.  This plan was cemented into being when we came outside and the train had just started going by, towards the direction of the rickety bridge.  When we went under the rickety bridge as the train was going overhead, Teh NY Chef and Teh PT Kid were having outbursts about how creepy and narrow and OMG we might die, all the while, I'm giggling.

I did tell Teh PT Kid about that one time I chased Teh MD Teenage Roomie around Kohl's wearing a 42DDD bra over my clothes.. so he didn't have it THAT bad.. yet.  I also reminded him that when we met I'd promised him that I'd embarrass him at least once.  He said that I definitely did that.  I then explained that I like to set low goals so when I do succeed, I REALLY succeed, so embarrassing him more than once was ideal.

Once we finally got home, I hit the couch for some Grace & Frankie.  Before I started binge watching, I skyped with Teh German, but the connection was shit because he wasn't on wifi, so mostly I watched his inebriated self get ready for bed. 

Despite how many time I've told him, Teh German still uses his teeth as tools.

Once our chat ended, I hit play.  I ended up shutting off the TV at 12:34 and heading to bed.


Sunday, Meri didn't feel that I should get to sleep in.  By 0830, she was up on the bed, "snuggling" with me but flopping on me with as much force as possible.  Subtlety is not her specialty.  I think she gets it from her Mom.  I got up around 0930 and fed the beasts and went back upstairs to shower and get ready.  Teh NY Chef and I had agreed to go to brunch after dropping off Teh PT Kid at his Animal Society activities.  We left at 1145, so while I waited, I accomplished more German homework. 

Pax wanted to make sure my pillows didn't feel lonely.

We went to Holy City Brewing for brunch.  That makes my 3rd visit in 7 days.  And I don't drink beer.  As I said, last week was weird.

Chicken and waffles.  Not as good as the chicken with the pretzel.

After brunch, we headed back home.  The Beer Fest attendees were home.  Teh German was surprisingly not hung over, so he was perky and working on fish tank things.

I could have done more homework to get ahead on my German to not have to worry about it, but instead, I plopped down on the couch and watched a bit of Grace & Frankie, until I made the decision to switch to The Office since Teh German was also watching.

The rest of the evening consisted to watching TV and Meri attaching herself to me as a bodily extension.

By the end of the night, the tank was full of water.  The sediment needs to settle, but we no longer have an empty tank sitting in the living room!

Then it was bedtime.


Overall, a much needed Megan weekend.  It was relaxed and I got shit done and other than dealing with morons on Saturday while shopping, the rest of the socialization was enjoyable.  I also revel in embarrassing pre-teens/teenagers, and I got a good one in this weekend.  #SelfFive

Despite my lack of involvement, I am glad the tank finally has water in it.  There was something this morning about pantyhose and shrimp and I donated a set of pantyhose to Teh German so the tank can grow bacteria?  I don't know all of the exact details, but I do generally try to be supportive.  Soooo when I located the pantyhose to be sacrificed, I tossed them down the stairs and said, "Here's your pantyhose.  Now you can rob a convenience store."

This week holds:
-my rescheduled hair appointment (praise Allah)

Teh German and I are in discussions about how to celebrate his birthday.  I finally pointed out to him that his bday is in the middle of the week and if he wants to celebrate with friends, he needs to do it this coming weekend since I'm out of town the first weekend in March (aka the weekend after his bday) for the Myrtle Beach half marathon.  I also made sure to call him out on the fact that he always becomes King of the Dickheads the entire day prior to people coming over, so if he was going to act like that to me beforehand, we didn't need to worry about it.  I also reminded him that he needs to plan this stuff out by Wednesday because I do not feel like putting out the fires on Friday/Saturday because that's inevitably what ends up happening most of the time. 

Just call me the Speaker of Harsh Truths.  #NotSorry

We're almost through February and I'm not sad about it.  Even if it is birthday month.


  1. My birthday is still a few months away but it's the big 3-0 so I/Hubs/we are trying to decide what to do. Hubby is apparently planning on just "hiring" our friend who loves to plan parties and handing her our whole budget :-p

  2. Chicken & a pretzel sounds 100x better


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!