Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Weekend Review {5/26}

Maybe you noticed, maybe you didn't, there was no post on Friday.  Sooo I'm going to do a catch all review of the last week.  I know you need some Corona-entertainment. ;)


Monday came, as it does, and when Teh Running Advisor texted and said it was storming there, I went right back to sleep.  #NotSorry.  I did eventually get up and start the day, did some work, brought Sandy to her acupuncture appointment, took us both to the Chiro (because I have the best Chiro evvaarr), then came home for more works.

After work, I finished my puzzle then it was time for birthday pupcakes and new toys for Moose's birthday!

And also extra snuggles for my handsomest boy.

And some embarrassing Mahm kissy selfies.

I also caught this gem when I made them do tricks for treats (bully sticks).


Tuesday I got up early and started on work things.  This was good since that meant that I'd be done with work earlier in the day.

Couch time for the biggest Muppet.

Coordinated work snoozin'

Teh German came home from work and we took care of house things and at 6:45 we headed out for a birthday motorcycle ride/meet-up.

Gentle Readers, I'm gonna be honest, if a motorcycle ride has more than 10 people, I.AM.NOT.INTERESTED.  Did I know there were going to be like 30+ people at this ride?  NOOOOPPPEEEE.  Would I have went if I did know?  Probably not.  I would have just met them at the final destination for dinner and not had to deal with a trike rider who wanted to lane split, super inexperienced riders, super experienced riders, people going fast, people who couldn't go fast.. it was just too much.

We rode from North Charleston, through Mt. Pleasant, to the Battery, then up to the outlets for socially distanced (ish) dinner.

I wasn't thrilled about 9pm dinner time, but it was a birthday for the guy who organized the ride we went on a few weeks ago, so I went.  It would take at least 20 less people and an earlier start time for me to go again.

When we got home, we took care of the beasts and bedtime chores and headed to bed.


Wanna know what sucks?  Running on a belly that is still overly full from a too late, too big dinner the night prior.  UUUGHHH.  But I did it.  I didn't trip and fall and we agreed that by the end we were pleased we got it done, even if neither of us wanted to do the damn thing from the start.

Wednesday was a complete shit day at work.  In addition, the cleaner sent me a message at the time she usually arrives and said, "It's storming here.  Can I come on Monday?"  Wuuuuuuutttt????  It was everything in me not to respond to her saying, "1- It's not storming in my house. 2- Are you planning on walking here?"  I didn't though.  Instead, I ranted to Teh PT Wife to calm down and used some logic to respond with, "Monday is Memorial Day and Teh German will be home all week next week." (Translation: Monday is a holiday and you won't come then either and Teh German will be here underfoot any other day you are going to suggest.)

In the afternoon, I decided it was fuck-this-shit-o-clock and took my laptop outside so the cleaner could have access to my office without me being in the way.  Then I broke all the rules of fuck-this-shit-o-clock and STILL was doing work things.  I'm the worst.  I did try to snuggle some with Meri to make myself feel better.

Teh German came home from work and it was a slow evening.  The new motorcycle headsets came in, so Teh German worked on setting those up for us because he's the #BestHusbandEver.

The evening consisted of dinner and screen time outside.


Thursday was a weird day.  I remember it didn't suck as bad as Wednesday but it didn't not suck.  After work, I ended up on the couch with a book and Sandra Dee.

And the Monkey-Doodle.

Pax was supervising from the other couch.

In the evening with Teh German came home and he suggested we take the beasts for a walk and I said yes.  We got everyone leashed up and made it about 10 houses down when I realized that Sandy's nail were bleeding from draggin
we worked together (semi against my will) to figure out the commands for the new headsets.  The photo I didn't take was BOTH OF US sitting at the island with our helmets on, like weirdos.  Against my will because my helmet is tight, as it should be, and I don't enjoy prolonged periods with it on when I don't have to have it on.


If Wednesday was bad, Friday was the absolute fucking worst.  I ran in the AM with Teh Running Advisor, then I didn't bother walking the dogs because that was where I was in life.  I medicated for a pressure headache and some serious hip pain in the AM and nothing happened except my headache getting worse and no pain relief whatsoever.

I ran errands in the AM to get shit done so I could come back and do work things and it just wasn't good.  There were tears and a kind stranger helped me out of Walmart and helped me put my stuff in the car.  He said, "Sometimes, you just need someone to be nice to you when you're having a bad day."  I said, "I am definitely having a very bad day."

When I got home, I put everything away and distributed Pax's Gotcha Day icing with milkbones to the beasts.  No pupcakes since I realized on Wednesday they had started to mold, which kinda makes sense because they were so moist.  Oh well, the icing and a milkbone was sufficient for these beggar-mcgees.

When I got to the computer, I responded to the chats and emails.  During this productive time, I realized that someone hadn't followed my SINGLE direction about doing something, and I didn't bother to check it, because 1- we're all fucking adults, and 2- YOU HAD ONE FUCKING THING TO DO, and, of fucking course, the individual did NOT do what I said and didn't mention that he hadn't done it as I had asked, and so after I submitted the form it was rejected for a 3rd fucking time, I lost it.  I tried to be strong and not cry about it, but I did.  I have been doing work that I'm not equipped to do (literally, as in, do not have the access to systems that I need to be doing the job correctly) so I've been doing it blind for over a year now and just dealing with the shitty shit, because that's what you're trained to do in the Navy, and I'm fucking over it.  Not only does this work not have ANYTHING to do with the position of Technical Writer, it has EVERYTHING to do with personnel security and if you've been around long enough, you may remember that I do NOT want to work in personnel security.  If I did, that would have been my job in 2014 when I got out of the Navy.

I explained to my coworkers that I would not be joining beer lunch since I was not in the mood and no one needed to deal with that.  Additionally, by this point, my head and hip were hurting so badly I took a flexeril and wrapped up whatever I could with work stuff and headed to the couch for a nap/book time.

When Teh German got home, he could tell I needed to be handled with care.  There was also a point in the day that he wasn't answering my texts, which always infuriates me since he has an Apple Watch and he can SEE my messages with a gentle flick of the wrist.  He explained that he was in a meeting with the CEO and I'm like sooooo, because I had shit day and well, I was a miserable asshole.  Obviously, I get it, but I didn't want to get it.  I had been texting him about something time sensitive and it ultimately ended up working out, but I was trying to deter it not working out with my texts and well, I was pissed that I wasn't getting responses and ended up falling asleep on the couch because headache+hip ache+flexeril.

For dinner, we decided to pick up Bad Daddy's Burgers.  It was a solid life choice and a solid choice to start a long weekend.  After dinner, we had screen time.


We had a slow start on Saturday morning and I'm not sorry.  We had breakfast and then moved to the couches and I finished my book, then started editing Italy photos!! YAY!

Teh German ended up going out on a ride in the afternoon since I was working on photos, which was fine with me.  I took a break from photos to assess the money situation, since I needed to redo our "budget"/fund directives since the GI Bill is no longer supplementing our income.  When I was almost finished, Teh PT Wife asked if I wanted to come over and hang out at the pool and I needed to get away from the screen, so I said yes.

I spent the afternoon at the pool and then for dinner we went to the food truck that was in the neighborhood.  Teh German had come home, so we dragged him along with us.  We came home after picking up dinner and ate and prepared for Game Night with Teh Bestie and Teh Chief Smartass and gang.

By 10, I was tired.  By 10:30, I was done.


Sunday morning was another slow start.  We finally rolled out of bed around 11.  Then at 1 was Teh PT Fam's Memorial Day celebration.  We spent the day by the pool, hanging out with the GL Cool Kids, eating, and being merry.  There were no photos because I was in the pool and then I was tired.

MONDAY - Memorial Day

Monday was a runday, but we agreed to go later in the day than 0545 (/praise hands emojis).  I rolled out of bed at 0911 to get ready.  My run was miserable and slow and emphasized why we go at 0545, when it's dark and not AS miserable as it will be in a few hours.

I came home and showered and had breakfast with Husband.  Teh PT Fam had their family Memorial Day gathering on Monday and we were invited.  We went over with the dogs initially because I wanted to let the dogs burn some energy and run in the yard since their yard is significantly larger than ours.  I let them run for about 5 minutes and then we brought everyone home.  Sandy was magnificent!  She was running and running and without me being tethered to her, that made it much more enjoyable for both of us.

After bringing the dogs home, we returned to hang out for the rest of the day with the SC Fam.  I came home at doggy dinner time to feed the beasts and have some alone time.  Teh German stayed and hung out with Teh PT Husband for a while.  I managed to get some laundry started and prepped doggy breakfast and Sandy's 2nd dinner for Husband to feed her before he came to bed.

Teh German came home around 8:30 while I was reading and soon after it was sleepy time.


And while the weekend was fabulous, this week will continue to be fabulous because Teh German is off (forced vacation, again, ugh) and I took vacation because I never took any post-graduation time off like I said I was going to AND I absolutely needed a break from work because I was going to explode if I didn't step away.  This way, we are having home-vacation time!  Hopefully the weather cooperates and we can get some family outings in, but we'll see. 

Slow starts have become a solid part of my routine these days and I'm not sorry.  Also, doing whatever the fuck I want is liberating.

There is nothing on the calendar this week, but we've discussed a trip to the beach with the dogs.  1- to get everyone out of the house, but 2- we need to try and put all 3 beasts in Willow and see how it will work.  I cannot do this on my own and since Teh German is here this week, it is the perfect time to accomplish such a task.

Happy end of May, Gentle Readers!
Also, anyone else feel like, YAY June is almost here and WTF how is June almost here??  Because Teh German and I were discussing this the other day and we both agree that's exactly how it feels.

1 comment:

  1. -Boo pain & feeling bad :(
    -Boo people not reading an email. That "suck it up and deal" mentality is helpful and also not sometimes.
    -Yes to June. Like...wtf has 2020 gone? Then we'd move on after 35 seconds.


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!