|(Lauren @ the little things we do)|
1. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is... maintain a cheery attitude, although, this is probably fairly helpful for day to day activities as well.
2. The holiday season is something I feel like I've missed out on from being in bootcamp and overseas, along with fall. I try my best to soak in every moment, from the allergies/cold, runny nose to the midi christmas music that the stores have been playing since Halloween. I appreciate it now more than I ever did before I joined the Navy. You really just don't know how good you have it until you don't have it anymore, seriously.
3. When it comes to holiday decorating... I'm a huge fan of color year round, so you can bet that it bleeds into the Christmas season as well. I've never had a "fashion-conscious" Cmas tree, ever. I always dream of how pretty it would be, but I can't tear myself from my colored lights and my personal ornaments. I also hang garland and lights randomly throughout the living spaces. There's a house down the street that has decorations outside and they are my favorite part of coming home/taking Phil on a jog after dark.
4. The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is the lights. That probably definitely confirms that I am Teh Mom's daughter. She's a HUGE fan of Cmas lights. Also, I'm a huge gift giver, so I like hearing how much people loved the gift I got for them, especially when I put lots of thought into the "perfect" gift... (sometimes too much thought... like the "alarm clock" for Teh Bear last year......)
5. My favorite holiday tradition is We didn't really have many traditions, but one that I went through a period of not really liking, but miss it now... is that Teh Mom and Teh Sister and I (and whoever else was around on Cmas eve) would read the Bible story of Jesus's birth. I miss that one the most. The other holiday tradition we had was hanging our personal ornaments on the top of the Cmas tree, which I still do.
6. This year my Christmas plans include hanging out with Teh Phil for the time being. If the schedule works out, then there is a possibility of my going home, home, but I'm not planning on it if I have to drive back to S.MD on Cmas day.
7. My favorite holiday food is Lemon pie, then chocolate pie, then stuffing from inside the turkey, then sweet potato casserole, then Teh Mom's lumpy mashed potatoes, then more lemon pie, then chocolate pie for a snack later.