Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Teh German's Birthday Tribute

Let's be honest, I'm not the most affectionate person you've ever known, but this post is going to be pretty publicly affectionate.  Also, it's a not a secret that I have obnoxiously high standards and I have to be realistic about that.

So really, the true hero in my life is Teh German.  Not just for me, but for ALL OF US.  Not only is Teh German great, he also meets my high standards (98% of the time and the other 2% I'm just being unreasonable) and makes my life infinitely better.

Teh German is the one who celebrates my wins with me and consoles me when I'm distraught.
He is the one who manages not to get headbutted by my when I'm jumping up and down with excitement over something and the one who wipes my tears when I just can't go on anymore.
He is the one who sighs heavily at me when he's not in the mood for me/things and laughs at me when I make his stupid tisk noise at something.
He is the one who ensures my heart (and the garage) are full.
He is the one who helps me be a better person and reach the stuff on the high shelves.
He is the one who encourages me to do the crazy things I do (school, run) while taking care of things at home.
He is the one who ALWAYS says good night to the dogs even if I've already tucked them into bed.
He is the one who ensures that the doors are locked and home security is attended to (while I live in a state of comfortable ignorant bliss that the world is a good place and no one would actually break in and rob us).
He is the coffee maker, carpenter, and engineer of our house while I maintain the nerd and Betty Crocker duties (with some help).

But ultimately, I couldn't live this life without Teh German.
It would be less fun, less satisfying, and way more stressful.

I'm thankful for Teh German being my family and for his unwavering support of all my crazy ideas.  I'm thankful for his (sometimes limited) patience.  I'm thankful for all the things he does for our family to ensure we have such a good life.

Happy Birthday, Teh German.
You are my favorite person/thing of all the persons/things.
I look forward to the rest of our years being celebrated together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!