Monday, February 10, 2020

Weekend Review {2/10}


Birthday do-over day.  It was shaping up to be a great day, then people started dropping out of the already paid for by me birthday event I had planned.  My intention was to just have people give me money, splitting the cost evenly between the participants, but I had already told people the price with 10 people and felt bad adjusting it for 7... sooooo NEVER.FUCKING.AGAIN.  Also, when you tell someone you can't come to an event 3 hours prior, that leaves them with no way to replace you because no one else has time to be able to arrange to come.  Fun facts.  I ultimately just swallowed the money loss because we all had fun, but still, it was more than I had anticipated spending and it stressed me out.

Nonetheless, fun was had.  We were all sweaty and exhausted when we left.  Next time, I'd definitely only do 30 minutes or so.  By 45 minutes, most of the stuff we'd been given was completely busted, which is the point.  The problem becomes that when you keep hitting stuff that is made of steel and isn't going to budge, you are only hurting yourself.. as proven by everyone's soreness the following days.

After smashing, we went to Kaminsky's for desserts/beverages.  Teh German and I had dinner prior to breaking stuff at Sesame, so I wasn't really hungry, but I've been wanting to try the brownie sundae for ages, so I finally did....

My opinion: I can make a MUCH better brownie sundae.  The brownie was super dry, which I don't like and any monkey can put ice cream and caramel/chocolate sauce in a bowl.  Soooo, next time I'll stick with the beverages and make my own brownie sundae.

After desserts, we headed home and went to bed.


Teh German had to work on Saturday and I could have gotten up and went on a run or done productive things, but I did not.  Meri and I snuggled.  Then when Teh PT Wife messaged me and asked if I wanted to bring the dogs over to play with the Great Dane they were dog sitting, I said yes.  Of course, my retard dogs did NOT play.  Meri just avoided the Dane the whole time.  Pax was only interested in chasing the Dane when he'd run to fetch the balls that Teh PT Husband would throw.  /facepalm.  This is my life.

Since the dogs had been at doggy daycare on Friday, they were already tired.  In addition to being outside for a few hours on Saturday, Pax pretty much dropped on a dog bed immediately when we got home for a nap.  Teh German was home when we came home and we ended up deciding to be lazy and not productive for the rest of the day.

We watched The Ranch and paused for dinner and finished The Ranch and the watched the Caps lose in an epic way against the Flyers.

After the game, we went to bed.


I handled the dogs on Sunday morning, trying to give Teh German the opportunity to sleep in.  We had discussed that Sunday was productive day since Saturday was not.  Teh German ended up getting up soon after me.  I showered and had breakfast and was headed to the grocery store by 0900.  I had to get mushrooms for my spaghetti sauce and some other groceries.  Since I needed the sauce for the lasagna I was making for dinner, which still had to cook, I had to get to the store early so the sauce would have time to cook + time to build and cook the lasagna, blah blah blah.

A few years ago, I bought an electric can opener as a white elephant Christmas gift.  The recipient left it at our house.  Then I brought it to work as a white elephant Christmas gift.  It ended up back at the office and stayed in the kitchen waiting for a home for over a year.  Within the last 6 months, I finally brought it home and decided that when I do my crockpot dump recipes, I'll just use it to open all the cans instead of cramping up my hand to open a millionty cans.  After having to open all those cans of tomato paste/sauce, I have ZERO regrets about finally homing the electric can opener.  It feels like 1993 in my house since I grew up with an electric can opener, but I don't even care.  My forearms and hands are/were especially sore after smashing shit on Friday, so having to open all those cans manually would have been a form of torture.

In addition to cooking productivity, Teh German handled the backyard and also made medal boards for Teh PT Wife and I.  As soon as he was done sanding them, I wiped them down and painted my board.  I used the cricut and cut out a quote for my board, put it on, painted over it after the first coat was dry, then waited.  I peeled off the stickers while Teh PT Wife was making her color selections.  While I was making lasagna, Teh German drilled the holes for the hooks and put the hanging devices on the back.  After dinner, I hung the board (no measuring took place, kthx).

I'm pleased with how it came out, imperfections and all.  For Teh PT Wife's board, we are doing a single color and just putting the stickers over it, rather than the 2 paint layers.  This will ensure clear cut lettering.  She already picked out her quote, but I'm waiting on Teh Bestie's white vinyl to arrive to cut it, since I also have a project for Teh Bestie to cut on the white vinyl.

I had so many options for something to put on the rack.. and as Teh German was sanding the board, I came up with this idea.
Other options included:
Sacrifices were made.
It was a good idea at the time.

After all the sauce and leftover lasagna was partitioned out in bowls and my kitchen mess was cleaned up, I packed my backpack for Monday, and then headed to the couch for screen time.


Overall, a great weekend.  I wish I could motivate myself to go run, but it's just not there right now.  I'm using the cough as an excuse, I know.  I also know that I would ENJOY going on a run.  The weather this weekend was perfect, but so was laying in the bed with Meri.  This week it's going to be in the 70s again (blech) and that's just rude.

Next weekend is Teh German's last weekend having to work at the German company.  It is bittersweet.  We have our birthday/valentine's day couples massage on Friday, but otherwise, it's a quiet week, which has me on alert.

Fun fact: the best solution for an incessant cough is being in the room when an old printer is being "Office Space"-ed (aka beat to shit) and there is a toner cartridge in the printer that breaks open.  Not only do you have interesting snot for 12 hours but you'll cough and cough and cough and cough (and pee) and then the next day, you'll notice that you're almost not coughing compared to the week prior.

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you had a fun birthday do over despite people dropping out last minute. That’s super shitty.


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!