Four jobs I've had in my life.
1. Student. This job has actually consumed most of my life. I've only not been a student for around 3ish years (not including those years before I was eligible). I graduated from NCSU in Dec 2007, and once I joined the Navy it was back to school for training, which lasted almost a year. Since then, I've done my job and had no more "schooling" which has definitely been a relief. Teh Mom tried to talk me into getting my master's degree, and when I asked her if she was paying for it, she said no, so I told her no I wasn't getting my masters anytime soon. I needed a break from the student thing. Srsly.
4. Waitress. I learned a lot in this job. A lot about people, a lot about the food industry, a lot about myself. I sometimes made less than $500 a month at Texas Roadhouse (which I will always say makes the best steaks), and it was sometimes a feat to see how I would contribute to groceries, rent, and the bills, and still have money for gas or if I got sick (which did happen once, which was the final step in me cancelling my health insurance). When I applied there, the manager asked why someone with a college degree would want to work as a waitress (because I was actually hoping for the bartending job), I said, 1. TRH has delicious food. 2. I need a job. I was hired.
Four TV shows I love to watch:
2. Brothers and Sisters. I'm very sad this show was cancelled. I enjoyed the back and forth between all the characters. I did get a little tired of the same plot line repeating over and over, and when they killed off Rob Lowe I was pretty much crushed. Sarah was probably my favorite character as a strong female, which is just as cliche as it sounds, judge me if you want.
3. Mad Men. I'll be pretty upset if this show doesn't come back. It was almost ruined for me because of the Megan with the bad teeth (OMG! No!). Not only do we share the same name, with the same spelling, but I have thing for teeth, and her's were just.. not ok with me. Also, Mad Men brought back the styles of clothing that I love, so I might be biased.
4. Modern Family. HILARIOUS! OMG <3. This is the most recent show Teh Bear and I watched together, and we finished season 2 while he was in Bahrain. I love Cam's shirts. I love Phil's cheesy jokes. I love Claire's obsessive issues. I love how dramatic Cam and Mitch are. I love how Gloria and Jay's relationship is unconventional. So much smiles.
Four places I have been on vacation:
|Crazy horse at OBX|
1. Outer Banks, NC. Its the beach. Rah. I floated Teh Kaar there once. No jk.
|Artist's Way, |
Yellostone Nat'l Park
3. Saranac, NY. This includes a lovely drive up the east coast. Usually involved camping with the grandparents and cousins. Much fun. I've not been to NY since I was with my ex-fiance. Hrm. I should remedy that.
|Mrs. Boomkin, Mr. Voices, and me :)|