Fill in the Blank Friday #13
1. A nervous habit I have is touching my face. It's very weird. I'll play with my lips or scratch my head or rub my chin. It's really kinda awkward... and definitely not good for my skin. Unrelated: the new Pond's face cleaning cloths I got are DEEEEEEEEElightful. Sometimes, just sucking it up and paying the extra $1 for the name brand is totally worth it.
2. Something that makes me sad is something I don't talk about often.. My grandfather. He is Teh Sister's favorite relative and he has stage 4 dementia which has been progressing since my grandmother died in 2004. It crushes me that I haven't seen him since Teh Sister's high school graduation (maybe there was one more time after that, I can't member) and now he's getting to the point that he doesn't remember who people are. He told Teh Dad the other day that he'd been to NC (to visit my family) and that he'd left "the old woman" (we assume he meant Gram) in NC and she didn't even know it yet. While Teh Dad and I can laugh at this (because it's funny when anyone says something like this), it's bittersweet because we know what it really means.
3. Today I am thankful for the fact that Thursday was an awesome weather day. It was a little warm, but still breezy and there was a significant lack of humidity, which seems to be unheard of here in S.MD. I'm also thankful for plans to hang out with Teh Singing Cat Lady and her husband this evening while baby-sitting Baby April.
4. My favorite room in my house is a tie. The bathroom is great because of the monster bath set I got (which is no longer available..) :(, The bedroom is great because it's practically pitch black in there. :) The living room because that's where I spend most of my time and I really like the color theme we went with (light green, light blue, and brown). The kitchen is great because Bets is there.. and food, and I love food and Bets.
5. I can't stand people who complain about things but then never do anything to fix the stuff they complain about.
6. If I had an extra $100 to spend on whatever I wanted today I would buy a new Canon point and shoot.. oh wait.. I only had $50 to spend on whatever I wanted on Amazon and that's what I bought....... :D YAY!
7. The last person I hung out with was Teh Korean and Teh Flying Metal Mouth and Baby April. Teh Korean made a mexican soup and she didn't even put spicy stuff in it since she knows I can't do spicy!! YAY!