Five on Friday #88
EINSMy to-do list has been neglected for a while now and it's starting to get out of control. I have a feeling that this weekend will start the process of ticking things off the list.
- Measure downstairs hallway to see how long of a piece of carpet we need for a runner so we can replace the 3 different rugs we have laid out now.
- Order more Hue lights for the couch table that should be finished within the next weekend.
- Repaint fairy hats for our DL costumes
- Make ears for our DL costumes
- Create new logo for watermark on photos
- Finish editing wedding photos from last weekend
- Mail off SD card with all wedding photos on it
- Plan September meal schedule
- Figure out if I'm going to do any Disney Bounding on the days we go to the parks
- Potentially map out our Venice Beach/Hollywood road trip
- Clean the bathrooms
- Scoop poop
- Go through the boxes from Teh Dad's house
- Run (with the gimp toe)
ZWEII know it looks like slop, but OMFG the lentils and sausage recipe that I shared several weeks ago is soooooo derichious!
I shared the link, but this time, I shall share MY recipe. Mostly because I assume you didn't click on it because it was with a whole bunch of other links and you probably already had dinner planned and you're totally on top of your meal planning game and you have better things to do than click on my links. I completely understand.
Delicious Lentils Recipe
- 1 roll of Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage (SAGE is the important part. Whatever you do, just don't use ground meat. You will be disappointed, yes I speak from experience.)
- 1 sweet onion (that will hurt your feelings and probably make you cry)
- 1 thingy of kale (bunch? idk what they are called, whatever, green healthy shit)
- "enough" diced garlic (I have a huge container in the fridge that is pre-diced, I got a heaping spoonful because we lurve garlic #tasteschange #energyconservation)
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, or a big and a small one. Don't care, just some sweet potatoes.
- 6-8 cups of chicken broth (the biggest container walmart/wherever you shop at sells, 48oz I think, if you like it a little soupy dump in the entire box)
- 1 cup of lentils
1. In a big pot toss in the sausage to start cooking.
2. Chop onion and toss into pot after sausage is almost completely cooked.
3. Chop kale and sweet potatoes. I usually just aim for 1/2 inch thick sweet potato slivers or you can cube it. It gets kinda mushy so don't worry about presentation.
4. After onions are mostly translucent, add remaining ingredients (garlic, lentils, kale, sweet potatoes, and chicken broth). A 32 oz container was once not enough to get the sweet potatoes soft and the lentils cooked, which is why I opt for the 48 oz container now.
5. Bring contents to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until lentils are cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft.
7. ENJOY! And watch out for the sweet potato heat bombs!
From the phone:
|Tag silencers were worth every penny.|
The dogs actually scared me coming around a corner the other day because I couldn't hear them.
|After a puppy playdate with a neighbor, Meri was so tired she didn't even wait for us to turn out the light before she passed out.|
|After our Thursday morning run, my toe was pretty bad off.|
Corny ice pack at least made me feel like I was helping the issue.
VIERSexism and the media. Nothing new, but this time it's about female Olympians and well, you just can't give credit to the coach when the WOMAN WON the event.
How to appropriately interview women.
I might have shared this before, but it still brings me joy. BTW the "hooker" in Toy Story is called "Legs," if you didn't get, you might have been raised under a rock. Even Megan the Modest understood that she was supposed to be "sexy".
The Reddit gift exchange for teachers is one of my favorite things on the internet. But this year, I'm going to adopt a local teacher and ask them what they need/want for their classroom rather than send to a stranger. Keeping it local and all.
OMG sex that went wrong always brings me the lolz. These had me rolling and Teh German was staring at me like I had sprouted a 2nd head.
Olympic fever has hit and these tweets are pretty much where I am at with the whole thing.
FÜNF10 things that made me happy this week:
- Teh German going on a run without me.
- #BarometerHead being right about the rain when the weather apps were saying only a 30% chance of rain (aka Megan likes being right about shit)
- When dinner is deemed "the best" of all the times said dish has been served.
- Doggy playdates with the neighbors/getting to know our neighbors.
- Accomplishing photo editing during the day.
- Waivers and corral placements for Disneyland!!!!
- Ice cream social at work.
- Watching The Matrix last night (well half of it since it was started after the movie threshold hour)
- Snuggling with Meri on the couch (upstairs)
- Teh German having his meeting to negotiate his contract for a few more years.
Happy Friday, Gentle Readers.
Linking up with these ladies since it's FFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!