Monday, November 28, 2016

Weekend Review {11/28}

It was a long weekend, so brace yourself for a long, and picture heavy, post!  Here veee gooooo!!!


When I found out on Wednesday that we had to be out of the building by 3 and that my boss was leaving at 2 and I remembered that I needed to go all the way downtown for packet pickup for our Turkey Trot 5k, I decided to leave work around 1145.  I made a pit stop at Teh Chiro's office since I was having a hard time with the breathing because of something being out of whack.  

Teh Chiro spend a lot of time setting me straight and when I got off the table, my lower back started pinching as I walked down the hall to leave.  I didn't even make it to the front desk before I told him to come back because I needed to be fixed again.  I think he was a little impressed at how I had JUST been straightened out and I was already out of whack.  A few more pops and I was realigned and I was able to leave.  I wasn't able to take a deep breath, but it was a wee bit better.  Teh Chiro said I had a rib out of place.  I didn't even know that was possible.

I made it downtown with ease and found parking and headed to Marion Square to pick up packets.  After I collected our goods, I headed to Target to return a basket and then to Dick's to return some shirts that were rejected by Teh German (thus saving me $50, so I am NOT complaining).

I was glad to have gotten all my errands out of the way before the traffic issues started since I knew that holiday traffic was bound to be a disaster.  I made it home and did a little more work, waiting on Teh German to come home and Teh MD-AR to arrive.

Teh German arrived first, in a foul mood due to some work issues.  We discussed the problems, then we pittered around the house and played on the internets and with the dogs until Teh MD-AR arrived.  Once she arrived, I announced Willie Jewel's for dinner since I was feeling particularly lazy (also, I knew that I'd be cooking on Thursday, so I allowed myself an out).  No one was opposed.

Teh MD-AR delivered Meri's NC State jammies (to match Phil's).
The only being that was disappointed was Meri.

We headed to Willie Jewel's for dinner and then swung by the grocery store after.  After we gathered the ingrendients we needed for Thursday, we headed home.  I baked pie crusts while we watched a few episodes of HIMYM and decompressed from the day.  Then it was bedtime at a reasonable time since we were getting up for the Turkey Trot in the AM.


Thursday morning, we were up and out by 0745 and headed downtown.  We had plenty of time to spare so we stood around the starting line area people watching, getting compliments on our outfits, and stretching.  It turned out to be much warmer than anticipated and Teh MD-AR and I were stripping off layers before the race even started.  Lesson: do NOT wear acrylic dresses when you are in the South and "fall" is just a suggestion.  Cute we might have been, but also sweaty and semi-miserable.  The race route was actually awesome, if you don't count the smell of horse piss intermittently throughout the course.  We started around the middle of downtown, ran towards the water, along the water for about 1/4 of a mile, then we headed back to Marion Square (the park) where we started.  We got to run along the Battery and through the old classy (i.e. EXPENSIVE) houses (see also: Bill Murray's neighborhood).

When we finished, we were in a sea of people that led straight to a person dressed up as a turkey, which would have been more awesome if we wouldn't have been dying of thirst.  Seriously, the first thing most runners want after they finish any race is water.  In fact, thrusting water into my hand isn't frowned upon.  If there was a thirst+anger word, Teh MD-AR would have been it (thirsgy?  I'm not sure that works).  After finding water, we were done.  We headed to the car.  Teh MD-AR and I were so hot in our outfits that we actually just stripped down to our sports bras and pants because we were over how hot it was and Teh German was the only one who had to be subject to our fashion show.

We had agreed to go check out the pineapple fountain before the run, so we headed that way.  We parked illegally because parking sucks in Charleston and we were tired and we knew that we wouldn't be parked very long.  We did put our layer shirts back on (instead of our sweaty running costumes) before we graced the general public.  We got some pretty awesome shots of the fountain.  Sadly, I didn't have my DSLR, butttt Dorothy got some pretty good shots.  After the fountain, we headed back home for breakfast and Thanksgiving prep.

A little bit of Bridge action going on in the background.

Mr. Golfer and Roux's Humom had agreed that we should all just do Thanksgiving together since we weren't having a group as we had initially planned.  This worked out for me since it meant less cooking, kinda.  We agreed that we'd have dinner at 4, so that way we'd be at least moderately hungry again after our post-run late breakfast/lunch.

I cooked up the Callie's Hot Little Biscuit mix that I'd gotten last month when we did the James Island Bridge Run (remember that one time that Teh MD-AR and Teh German waited impatiently so we could try a place we'd never been before and it involved 40 minutes of standing after having run 6 miles?  I'm seriously the best) and bacon.

After we ate, Teh German showered and chilled while Teh MD-AR and I slaved away in the kitchen.  At some point Teh MD-AR showered.  Teh MD-AR prepared sweet potatoes, green beans, and stuffing (and she had brought pumpkin roll with her) and I made chocolate pie and lemon pie.  Side note: "Stir constantly until boiling at medium heat" is essentially the bane of my existence.

Pies made, I finally showered.  I had planned on sitting on the couch for a few minutes to get off my feet for at least a short bit, but I didn't end up sitting down until we got to the neighbor's house shortly after 4 (since Teh German was on "weekend time" (similar to island time for those of you familiar with that concept) he hadn't bothered to change into his "for the public" clothes until 3:59:58, much to my aggravation).

Once we got there, I sat while Mr. Golfer finished up his menu items (gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes and carving the turkey).  I didn't even care that we were waiting, I was just glad to finally be off my feet for the first time since 0800.  I was worried that standing would make my breathing/back problem worse, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  In fact, I was able to take a deep breath again for the first time since Monday morning Thursday night without it hurting.

We finally ate around 4:45 and it was sooo good.  Mr. Golfer had smoked the turkey, which I don't think I've ever had before.  I'd eat it again.  Since my pies hadn't set in time, the grand finale was homemade banana pudding made by Mr. Golfer's Mom.  Same banana pudding that she made for the Cop Stop a few weeks ago when I almost ate half the pan on purpose.

After dinner, we hung out for a little bit and chatted and watched Forest Gump, one of Teh Sister's rewind-and-rewatch movies from our childhood.  Seriously, I can probably still quote 90% of the lines in that movie.  I did make everyone watch Forest's running montage for the 1 second they show him running up the Grandfather Mountain drive (it's the road that is super curvy with the mountains in the background).  We headed home a little bit before 7 since we hadn't fed the dogs dinner.  After feeding the dogs, we settled on the couch for a short bit.  It didn't take long for us to decide we were exhausted and it was bedtime.


We slept in on Friday, except for Teh German who got up to go golfing with Mr. Golfer.  I didn't have plans to go shopping on Black Friday, but there was some stuff I needed to find for the office, so we got a slow start, had chocolate pie for breakfast (as is required the day after Thanksgiving), and headed to town.

Morning snuggles with the ladiesssss, Meri and Olive

My first goal was to stop by the carpet store to order a runner for the hall.  It's been on my list for a while and the only hold up was that I was trying to take Teh German with me so we could make the decision together, but we never seemed to make it on a Saturday.  Since I knew that Teh MD-AR wouldn't let me make a Megan choice (rainbow), I figured it was safe to order the rug with her in tow even if Teh German wasn't with me.

We were looking for it and kinda, but not really, using GPS to find it.  When we couldn't find it and I knew we'd gone to far, I opted to go to Ye Old Fashioned for lunch, THEN we'd find the carpet store.  #solidlifechoices.  After splitting an egg salad and chicken salad sammich and fries, we headed to the carpet store.  We realized when we pulled into the parking lot, we would have never seen it for 2 reasons.  1- there was no sign to see from the street.  2- the trees beside the building blocked us from seeing it from the direction we came.  3- we'd have had to look at the building to see the name of the business right as we were beside it to have known.  Whatevs.

We walked through the scrap area only (because I'm cheap) and I ended up finding several contenders.  Of course, I ended up going with the most expensive one, but it was discounted since it was the scrap rate.  I picked out 2 different carpets.  We are going to have an area rug and short runner from one material and a long runner that goes from the front to the back door of the other material.  Todd, the guy who was helping us, gave me a 10% discount (because I have big boobs or it was black friday or I have a good attitude, or whatever.  I have no idea why, but I didn't say no).  Todd informed me that the rugs would be ready by the end of next week.  WOOT.

I sent Teh German this photo and said that these were my top contenders.
He knew better.

What we ended up with.

Life lesson learned from Twin Mom/Dad: If you need a rug, go to a carpet store and have them make one for you.  It's usually much cheaper than finding a rug and buying it.  This is especially true for large area rugs.  A few hundred dollars over $1000+?  Yes please and thank you.  I ended up spending $700 for a 33 foot runner, a 5x4 foot area rug, and a 6 foot runner.  That includes binding for the rugs and the stitching for the runner, and the left over scrap since I had to buy the whole remnant, but I get to keep the leftover and if I want to make something from it later, I can.  Reasonable people would probably pay less, but I liked the expensive carpet.  PS. A 33 foot runner is ridiculous and the longest I found was 20 foot and it was in a pattern that Teh German would have shunned.

After the rug problem was solved and I had patted myself on the back a bit for adulting, Teh MD-AR and I decided to swing by Target to look for office chairs and a shelf for behind the desk.  Not only did we find a shelf, but I also had a team member pull 2 chairs so we could sit on them and test and see which ones we liked best since the displays are not made for sitting on (they are actually zip tied to the shelf and are not allowed to be removed).  Chairs tested, I looked for them online and found a 20% discount for in-store pickup and $20 off an order of $150+.  I ordered them standing in the store and hoped they would be ready before we left.  After the chair adventure was complete, we headed towards picture frames to see if anything was on sale.  YA'LL..  Picture frames were B1G1.  I almost  Teh German wants to do a photo collage type thing in the living room on the wall behind the couch, so this was perfect.  I ended up getting 14 frames.  I think that's a sizable dent in the collage project.

Teh MD-AR found this.
I have a squatty potty, so this was relevant to my life and I definitely lol-ed.

We were at the checkout and we realized that Shop Kick was doing 200 points for walk ins and there were some easy scans we could get, so we decided to put the purchases in the car, then we could walk around and scan to get points, then head to the next store.  I also hoped that my order would be completed.  I ended up purchasing a few Blu-rays since Finding Dory was only $10 and I haven't seen it yet (or The Secret Life of Pets or so many others).  As we were walking to the car for the 2nd time, I got the email saying my online order was ready for pick up.  I was so over Target though that I said I'd pick them up later.

We carried on our adventure to Best Buy.  I needed a subwoofer cable since Teh German moved our sub behind the couch instead of on the entertainment console and the cord is stretched across the floor.  I found it, but found it cheaper on Amazon, along with a few HDMI cables that I needed, so I placed another online order standing in the store.  We walked through the movies section, but quickly headed out after we realized I didn't need anything in the store.  I considered looking at laptops, but I knew what would happen, so I didn't.  I considered looking because the screen on my current laptop is broken and this exact same thing happened to my previous laptop.  Sooooo, yeah.  Probably should remedy that situation in the near future.

Since Old Navy was right beside Best Buy, we popped in since I wanted to look for some khaki pants.  I noticed a sign as we walked in that the entire store was 50% off.  I was tickled pink.  Side note: I do not need clothes.  I bought clothes... and 2 pairs of khaki pants.  My goal was to be home by 4 since the Goo Goo Dolls concert started at 7, or so I thought.  This way we could eat and not be rushed if we had to do anything to get ready.

Because of the parking lot ingress/egress routes from that particular shopping center, it took us 25 minutes to get out of the parking lot alone.  It was right at 4:30 when we arrived home, although in my head the time for us to be home had switched to 4 for some strange reason.

After Teh German had gotten home from golfing, he asked if there were things around the house he needed to do and I told him just the dishes and maybe he could power wash the back patio since it was super muddy and dirty.  He had finished his work by the time we got home.  Teh MD-AR and I unloaded Yurtle and then we all enjoyed Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner.

We left the house a little after 6 since I thought the concert started at 7.  When we arrived at the coliseum, I not only learned that the concert actually started at 7:30, which the tickets said, but also that the concert was at the performing arts center instead of the coliseum.  BTW, I'm the one that bought these tickets.  I even picked our seats, but I kept telling Teh MD-AR and Teh German that we were up in the nose bleed-ish level of the coliseum.

The doors to the concessions area was open and we only stood in line for a few minutes to get inside.  Once inside, we had to wait until 7 for the doors to the concert hall to be opened.  I didn't even know who the opening band was.  When I saw Safety Suit merchandise, I didn't recognize the band name.  They weren't listed on the FB event page for Charleston, although they were listed for other cities, but I didn't want to make the assumption.  They were on the stage shortly after 7:30.  Several people around us indicated they didn't even know who Safety Suit was.  We were right there with them.

By around us, I mean in the center of the orchestra part of the concert hall.  Essentially, I had picked out super awesome seats.  We were in the middle, so no one would be walking in front of us during the middle of things to go to the bathroom annnd we were pretty much at eye level so we didn't have to look up to the stage or down at the stage.  #Meganrocks

We were center seats from this row.  #nottoshabby

There were several awesome parts of the evening, our awesome seats were just the start.  Another of those, was that I wore my NC State sweatshirt that evening (since I thought we were going to be in the coliseum and I would be chilly) and I got several comments about our win over UNC.  WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Safety Suit was actually really good.  Their musicians were very active on stage and the lead singer was all over the place.  In fact, literally.  During their last song, he actually was climbing over the chairs to get to fans that had been standing for them the entire time.  He walked right in front of us as he made his way to the very back of the hall.  Not only was I impressed with his voice, but I was also impressed at his coordination to be able to hold the mic and sing (or lip sync, I couldn't tell) and climb over the seats without falling.

Safety Suit played for about 45 minutes.  During the setup for Goo Goo Dolls, Teh MD-AR and I made our way to the bathroom and grabbed waters.  I knew I'd be doing a lot of singing along and scream/wooing, so a beverage was needed.  I wasn't wrong.

Goo Goo Dolls came out around 8:45.  It was everything I've ever dreamed it would be.  I had dreamed about seeing Goo Goo Dolls in concert since I begged the TV/TRL to play the Iris video and in the back of my head, I figured it was a nice dream, but probably not going to happen.  BUT IT DID AND IT WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE!

The most unsatisfying part of the concert was when the not-Johnny Rzeznik singer (aka the bassist/other vocalist, Robby Takac) was singing.  His voice is more like a Blink-182 band, not Goo Goo Dolls and he sang about 5 songs.  Essentially, he was wasting the time that Johnny could have been singing to me.  We couldn't figure it out, but it seemed like maybe both Rzeznik and Takac were on something.  Takac more so than Rzeznik.  The bassist seemed like this concert was the first concert he'd ever performed.  He was crazy eyed and jumping around everywhere.  At one point, he even tripped Rzeznik as he walked behind him.  A little to much.  There was also the mishap where he said they were super excited to be in Charlotte and he realized from the lack of crowd reaction that he got the wrong C-city and corrected himself.  He did make a joke about it a little later and made a point to say CHARleston.  On the other hand Rzeznik seemed like performing was boring him.  He moved around very little (especially after almost falling) and usually was off-stage when the bassist was leading vocals.  It was strange.  Nonetheless, it was an absolute blast.

The 2 main songs I wanted to hear were Iris (of course) and Come to Me.  Iris was splendid, with the crowd singing along and few variances from the performance that we all know and love.  Rzeznik prefaced Come to Me and explained that he wrote the song in 2013 before he married his wife.  I didn't know that, but I knew that, if you will.  I mean, if you half listen to the song, you kinda know what it's about, but to be told, yeah you're right didn't hurt my feelings.  I won't lie, I cried during his Come to Me performance.  Come to Me has been representative of the marriage I want to have since the first day I heard it, so yeah, I cried.  Dreams coming true, perfect songs.. tears.

A few songs later, the concert was over.  I felt lighter, lol.  We headed home and it was bedtime soon after the dogs were released and breakfast was prepared.


Without the intention, Saturday was House Projects day.  Teh MD-AR and I enjoyed chocolate and lemon pie for breakfast #notsorry and then we got motivated and started working in the garage.  Teh German's goal was to get some overhead storage installed over the garage door for the storm boards for the windows.  He spent a bit planning his project, then asked me if I wanted to go with him to Lowe's (answer: NO.), after almost 2 hours at Lowe's, he came home and started his project.  He went back to Lowe's several times during the day to get his project complete.  Google says we live 10 minutes away, but really it's more like 5-7 depending on if you catch the red lights at the right time and how fast you're going.  By dinner, he was done hanging the hardware and just needed to get the storm boards relocated to his new storage area.

Breakfast of champions.

All the while, Teh MD-AR and I were already in the garage.  I was pulling Christmas decorations out of storage and completing the organization of the boxes that Teh Dad had sent with me in August.  Teh MD-AR moved the magnetic word poetry from one side of the fridge to the other (a task I had planned on getting to eventually).  I learned that I had 2.5 boxes of children's books that I wanted to keep, but didn't really want to put into a bigger plastic container because then it would be too heavy for me to move, ugh.  So I left them in the cardboard boxes, but made sure that only children's books were in the boxes.  All the "keep" stuff that I did when I was in school was put into a plastic container.

Teh MD-AR really appreciated Child Megan's RBF.  There was also a picture that could have been my "come hither" look that Teh German said probably wouldn't ever work on him.  Good to know.  I did actually get rid of some stuff, but ended up keeping most of it, which is fine.  After I reorganized the storage closet, Teh MD-AR and I moved inside and started doing Christmas decorations.

Honestly, it doesn't look like Christmas exploded in our house, which I thought it would, but that's ok.  I hung up a Merry Christmas sign, a strand of garland with lights around the island in the kitchen, we put up a string of lights on the banister from upstairs, and she hung the stockings with care.  Teh MD-AR did fluff out and set up 3 of my trees (small, medium, and large) while I went through the remainder of my Christmas stuff to decide what should be kept for Teh German's tree, what should be kept for later, and what should be donated.  With some decorations up, I told her I'd decorate the biggest tree later and we cleaned up the mess.

With the decorations cleaned up, we decided to tackle the office.  Mr. Golfer had arrived at some point in the afternoon to help Teh German and let him borrow tools.  Our first order of business was to set up the shelf.  It took us a little over an hour, but we got it done.  Teh MD-AR womanned that drill like a boss, which definitely saved us a lot of time.  Once the shelf was set up, we cleaned up our mess from decorating and setting up the shelf while I helped Teh German get dinner ready.

With our finished product!

Due to my poor timing, the steaks were not as warm as they could have been, but because shitty stove problems, it took longer to cook the brussel sprouts that I allotted for.  Nonetheless, dinner was delicious, and a team effort since Teh German had grilled the steaks to perfection.  Sadly, there was no bacon brussel sprouts, but I knew there wasn't time to bake the bacon and then roast the sprouts.  Le siiigh.

We may have finished our dinner with a 3 course dessert.  The first course was pumpkin roll.  2nd course was lemon pie.  3rd course was chocolate pie.  Things I regret: 0.

The beasts got to enjoy a few Thanksgiving treats as well.

After dinner, we resumed working.  Since Teh German was at a stopping point, I had him move his motorcycle back so I could put a few more boxes back into the storage closet, then Teh MD-AR and I carried out a few boxes of garbage to the dumpster at the lot 2 doors down.  I'm seriously going to miss having a dumpster so close by when all this construction is complete.  It's the trade-off for all the noise, IMO.  With all of our piles cleared out of the garage, Teh German and Mr. Golfer were better able to move around and relocate the storm boards to the storage, or so I told myself.

Trash taken out, Teh MD-AR and I set about reorganizing the office.  Since I knew chairs were coming, I needed to decide where they should go.  The first problem was that with the shelf behind the desk, the area felt cramped.  But, with some relocating of furniture, the desk forward some, the bookshelf on another wall and Phil's crate gone, we found the perfect set up!  The only things left to do in the office are to hang my Disney medals, diploma, Bahrain end-of-tour map, and various other photos.  I also need to find some baskets to store stuff in so I can get rid of the plastic containers, but all in due time.  The amount of adulting that had already taken place this weekend was starting to overwhelm me.

While we were rearranging the office, Teh German came in and informed me that the storm boards were moldy.  The M-word is probably the worst word anyone can say to Teh German.  He must had 'Nam flashbacks of mold at the Shitty House because he prickles and gets super angry anytime mold and House are in the same sentence.  If Teh German was ever a Nazi about anything, it's mold extermination.

He asked for bleach and a spray bottle and Teh MD-AR filled up a teeny-tiny spray bottle (the only one I have) with some bleach and water and gave it to him.  When I followed him outside to the garage, he informed me that 12 of the boards were moldy.  The dinky little spray bottle I gave him wasn't going to do anything.  We agreed (or he listened to me, either way) to just not put the boards in the overhead storage yet and to just lean them against the garage walls.  In the AM he could power wash them and then leave them out in the driveway to dry on Sunday.  Since it is supposed to rain this week, I told him that I could park in the driveway and we could just scatter the boards inside the garage to dry fully and then they could be moved to the overhead storage.  He agreed and went to work.  I went back inside to finish up the office.

We have overhead storage!

After the office was set up, Teh MD-AR and I called it quits.  We were exhausted, I hadn't put on a bra all day (you're welcome for that TMI), hadn't brushed my teeth all day (poor Teh German) and my head had started to hurt earlier in the evening (because I had failed to take my allergy pills in the AM, couple that with all the dust from the storage closet and old boxes, of course I had a headache).  I was due for a shower.  Teh German and Mr. Golfer had finished with the overhead storage and storm boards for the night.  Mr. Golfer went home and Teh German came inside to shower.  While Teh German showered, I tried on my khakis from Old Navy and Teh MD-AR vetoed them because they were too long.  The search continues.

From the center of the room.
Sorry this isn't FB's 360 view.

After Teh German was finished, I brushed my teeth and showered.  When I got out, I tried to talk Teh MD-AR into using my awesome bathtub, but she turned me down.  Her loss.  That tub is magical.  After my shower, I laid in bed catching up on social media and finally had to flash the lights at Teh German, who was downstairs social media-ing and youtube-ing, that it was bedtime.  It was a little bit after 11 when Teh German came to bed and we were out like the lights.


Teh MD-AR had warned us that she was planning on leaving at 0700, but it came way too early.  We got up to see her off (boo) and instead of going back to bed, Teh German said he wanted to get started on his House Projects.  We had breakfast and he had coffee.  I had returns to make at Old Navy and Victoria's Secret (the front close bras are a fail and they look like old lady bras), I needed to pick up the chairs from Target, I needed to drop some stuff off at Goodwill, and then go by the grocery store.  I left the house around 9.  That was my first problem.  Apparently, people aren't up early on Sunday...
They were not pleased that their Other Momma left them with This Momma.

Goodwill was closed so I figured I try the other Goodwill close to Target.  It was also closed and while others had left stuff outside the donations area, I didn't think I should with one of the workers standing right there waiting to be let inside.  So I headed off to Target.  The parking lot was so deserted I checked the hours on my phone before walking in.  They were open.

I wanted to look at baskets and I had a few random items I needed to pick up, so I grabbed those, scanned a few items for Shop Kick, and headed to the checkout.  I requested my chairs, had them apply a 15% off coupon I'd forgot to use on the shelf (yay for $21 back in my pocket), and purchased my stuffs.  I told the cashier I was going to pull up my car for the chairs and I'd wait outside.  A few minutes later, a team member brought the chairs out and we loaded them (with no issues) in Yurtle.

1 mission complete, I headed to Old Navy.  I was pumped that the parking lot was empty, this meant no waiting 25 minutes to get out.  Until I realized the parking lot was empty because they didn't open till 11.  I went back to my car dejected.  I checked the hours for Victoria's Secret.  Noon.  Ugggh.  Thwarted, I gave up on my returns.  I headed towards the grocery store and figured that if Goodwill wasn't open, I'd just do what all the other assholes had done and drop my shit at the curb.  Fortunately, they were open so I was able to drop my stuff off legally.  Donations complete, I headed across the street to Publix to restock a majority of my baking supplies that we'd finished up while we were cooking for Thanksgiving and to grab veggies for the week.

I made it back home around 1115.  Teh German had power washed the mold off the storm boards and had laid them out in the driveway to dry.  He had then started on his work bench project.  After I got everything put away, pictures taken of the office, and had settled in, I started searching for a table to put between the chairs.  It didn't take me too long to find one.  YAY for Targets 10 days of Christmas and 15% off of lots of things AND 5% off and free shipping with my Red Card.  The table should be here Dec 1st-ish.

Their new layin' spot.

After getting the table ordered, Teh German came in and we ate lunch.  Yay for leftover steak, because we were both pretty tired of turkey.  After lunch was complete, Teh German went back to his work bench project and I came back to the office to catch up on social media and work on this post (that is approximately 20 years long).  I did take a break when Roux and Roux's Humom came over for a doggy playdate.  Mr. Golfer came as well, to assist Teh German with his bench project.  Within 5 minutes of their arrival, Teh German arrived home from, yet another, trip to Lowe's.  The dogs didn't really run around, but they definitely got their pettins quota in.

Teh German worked all afternoon and evening on his bench.  During one of his trips to Lowe's, Teh German picked up hooks for me to be able to hang my Disney medals frame, so I took care of that task as well as some other menial tasks around the house (which did not include laundry, much to my demise).

Teh German is going to get his own medal rack so I can reclaim my own rack (half of the medals on the rack are his).
His will go on the other side of my Disney frame.
It's like I left an empty space on purpose... 

Teh German finally called it quits around dinner time.  After, I helped him move the storm boards into the garage.

In progress work bench!

After the boards were put away, Teh German showered and we watched HIMYM for the rest of the evening and eventually, it was bedtime.


Overall, an amazing long weekend. Not only did Teh MD-AR come to visit, but I did SOOOOOOO much adulting. I mean, #adulting #likeaboss status.

I'm not sure if you remember or not, but Teh German gave me a deadline of early December to get House projects done. His aunt is visiting from Germany Dec 14-28, so he wants to have as much as we can done by the time she arrives. What with it being the end of November, the fire under my ass was getting a little warm. Also, after completing the Germany pictures project for downstairs, I was on a roll and needed to keep up my momentum.

Teh MD-AR helped with that. The random runners in the hall will be replaced soon, the office is complete, the downstairs is decorated, the office is set up! Even if the walls are still white, at least it looks like we live here!!! It is kinda surprising still to walk down the stairs and see pictures on the walls. We plan on getting a live tree in the next 2 weeks and having it decorated before Aunt P arrives.

Also in motion is Teh German's "unicorn" truck. Despite his bad mood when he arrived home on Wednesday, he had gotten a text from the salesman at the Toyota dealership that said they had located his "unicorn" and hopefully they'd have it by the end of the month. YYYAYYY!!! This is big news since it's something Teh German has been focused on for the last 8 months.

While I'm excited the holidays are upon us, I'm even more excited for holiday parties and visits and another Disney trip and another long weekend soon!

Happy end-of-November, Gentle Readers!


  1. I had smoked turkey for Thanksgiving too. So good. Pie for breakfast is the way to go for sure. I mean it's there, & I don't see how it's different than cinnamon rolls ha.

    Let's go with 3% Black Friday, 3% attitude, 4% boobs. I never would have thought about going to a carpet store vs actually just buying a rug. I'm going to have to attempt to remember this. Someday if I ever get a house & start talking about rugs...yell at me & tell me to go to the carpet store. This means that neither of us can stop blogging before then. Deal? Deal.

    I have gotten so bad with shopkick & iBotta which is dumb. They take almost 0 effort but I just don't use them anymore. I got bad with Swagbucks too.

    I always have a mix of sadness & over the moon-ness happening simultaneously when a concert is over. I'm on a concert high while also being depressed that it's over.

  2. Ugh stir anything until boiling is seriously the worst, why does it take soooo long???? I love the carpets that you picked out, they look fun and neutral! Good luck on getting all those projects done before the aunt arrives!

  3. Not that you ladies don't look adorable, but I need to talk about Timo's shirt at Turkey Trot. I want it.
    I know a song from SafetySuit - and I really liked that song along, but I forgot all about them/didn't follow their career. I think it's called "Stay".
    Please don't think I'm a know-it-all. I just love my Goos. You know this. Robbie was actually the original "lead" singer. They were more going for punk-ish band. Then Johnny started to do some singing too. A single was trying to get airplay with Robbie singing and it wasn't working. During that time, radio djs were still allowed to pick songs that they played on air. A radio dj in a big market heard "Name" and said "now THIS is good. this is what folks are going to dig." And, the rest is history. But...the Goos still let Robbie have a little moment in the spotlight for albums and concerts. I'm so glad you had such a great GGD experience.
    A 3 course dessert sounds like my kind of dessert.


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!