Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up {7/28}

Today is a special day!  Not to toot my own horn, but to totally toot my own horn, I'm the featured blogger for this week's Monday Morning Gossip, woot woot!  So stop by and check out Kimberlee and Leeann (and the other folks who link up).

My weekend kinda started on Thursday because I was off work for the movers to come and pack up all my things and take them away.  Friday I was off to accomplish repairs/painting while there was minimal furniture in the house and for the arrival of Teh MD Adult Roomie's stuffs.  Then it was weekend!

PS.  August 4th, Brittany@Stories, Songs, & Praise and Emmy@Love Woke Me Up This Morning and I are starting a Music Monday link up.  There will be more details posted within the week, so stop by talk about your jams with us!


I didn't have a break down, but I did post a running commentary blog.  Sadly, there was no bubble wrap to molest, but I did get a bit jealous of the dogs and tested out the stack of dog beds.

Pretending to be like Phil and marinating my brains.

This is my "roach."
I think Olive and Meri do it better, but don't tell them.

We enjoyed the "open floor" concept on Thursday night.

My bedroom looks HUGE without any real furniture.


Friday morning I had intentions of going on a run and then realized that Teh MD Adult Roomie and I were going to be doing some significant cleaning, so I decided to save my back and clean instead of run.  I learned that literally washing the walls is a thing in real life.  Apparently, it helps to take marks off and gives them a generally cleaner look.  Also, if you weren't aware, Magic Erasers are magical.  Seriously.  They removed so many marks on the walls, saving me from a lot of paint touch-ups in the future.  I had learned this when I moved out of the apartment, but it was a nice memory jog.

After wall washing, it was vacuuming.  The rags we were using were old cut up t-shirts and I was scrubbing so hard that I was putting holes in the shirts, which was causing little white balls of shirt to fall on the floor.  Ugh.  Everything but the stairs had been vacuumed within the prior 24 hours, so I vacuumed the stairs.  YAY for my Shark vacuum (ok, Teh MD Adult Roomie's Shark, but whatevs, same model, different color)!  I even broke a sweat I was so serious about the stair vacuuming, so there was my workout.

Teh MD Adult Roomie left to get Teh Teenager and empty out her storage unit.  She came back with 2 trucks and 2 SUVs full of her stuff.  They were able to get everything from the storage unit into the house in an hour.  Setup of the furniture only took an additional 30 minutes.  Friends are awesome.

So our "open floor" concept was short lived because we filled the house with boxes, but it was totally worth it.  Friday night was a stay at home and sort through boxes and get rid of things that are no longer needed night.  It was nice to just have some down time after being so occupied for the last 48 hours.

This also happened on Friday and was a life dream come true.

I love being me.

The biggest news on Friday was when the realtor called me to tell me that we got the house we applied for!  WOOT for having a place to live in SC!  I had lied told the moving company the address for the house we had applied for on Thursday because I really didn't want my stuff to sit in a warehouse in MD and then not make it to Charleston by the dates that we wanted it delivered.  I'm glad I didn't jinx it.

Now we just have to schedule the delivery date for stuffs, sign the housing paperwork, find a washer/dryer, and move-in.


Saturday, Teh MD Roomies were busy until the afternoon.  Since I had no real plans and I hadn't done a long run all week and because I was feelin' fat and guilty and because it was under 80°F, I went on a long run.  It felt long and it was long.  11 miles long.  Those last 2 miles were excruciating.  I had to walk some because I was just achin'.  I did actually remember my super awesome hydration belt, which definitely helped, except that I ran out of water about 1.75 miles from the end.  At least there will be water stations during our half marathon, so I'm not too worried.  I had my water bottle waiting for me in Yurtle, so it was just more motivation to get back to the car ASAP.

After my run, I headed home and showered and headed out to watch Teh MD Teenage Roomie at her last event that I will probably be able to attend before I move down to SC.  While there, I received a message from Mr. Mystery that he had arrived back in the US!  WOOT!

Eventually, we headed home and regrouped and headed out for a girl date at Red Robin (our undoubted fave) and a shopping challenge.  I call it a challenge because we were couponing.  It was our goal to save as much money as possible.  We hit up Target after our early dinner and did pretty good with coupons and Cartwheel and in-store savings ($5 off a purchase of $15 or more in hygiene products?  I got you).  After Target was Kohl's where we practically stole a Keurig (ok, Teh MD Adult Roomie only paid $68).  Then we headed home to purchase flights and laziness (me) and sorting (Teh MD Roomies).  During our shopping session, Mr. Mystery clarified some dates for me so I finally have vacation dates!

After all the boxes were gone through, I helped Teh MD Adult Roomie "tetris" the outside storage with her boxes and containers.  We made all the extra boxes fit!  WOOT!  She was worried that they weren't all going to fit, but she knew that she had me as a secret weapon against the boxes and I was confident that they were all going to fit since that's one of my life skills.

The dogs were super pumped about the boxes being gone through since Olive's toys got put out.  Meri and Phil had a turn with Lamb Chop.

Yes, her butt is on my pillow.  It's really a good thing I love her.

We worked on our new puzzle for a bit before heading to bed.  I've become a puzzle addict.  I blame Teh MD Adult Roomie for bringing the first one home.  The first one was "the worlds smallest puzzle" or some crap and it was really little pieces and a difficult photo since it was a sketched type painting thing.  I feel like since we started out on the hardest puzzle ever, this new puzzle is super easy.

Our super awesome puzzle "table" featuring Phil and Meri.
The top of Olive's crate on top of 2 plastic containers.


Sunday morning, Teh MD Roomies headed out early and I skipped a run to sleep in a little bit.  Messages from Mr. Mystery roused me from bed and then it was time to get ready and head to church.  After church was a trip to Target to pick up a forgotten item and then home for lunch.  After lunch, the dogs peer-pressured me into taking a nap.  I spent the remainder of the evening reconnecting the TV to all the things and putting together puzzle.  When Teh MD Adult Roomie returned, we had dinner and did more puzzle.

Despite how busy the weekend was, it has been one of the best weekends of the year.  Many, many things that I've been waiting for answers to finally clicked into place within a matter of days.  I get very stressed out when things are up in the air and I don't have concrete dates/details.  I could tell my stress levels during my runs when my shoulders would hurt from being so tight all the time.  I felt like I couldn't relax at all, even after too much some rumsy-rum.  So praise Allah that things are falling into place.  It's such a relief after several months of needing wanting answers to so many questions.

The forecast of events for the next bit:
VACATION!!!  I'll fly to CA to meet Mr. Mystery's family and help him make the cross-country drive to SC.  My things will be delivered and I'll help Mr. Mystery get setup.  I'll fly back to MD for a little over a month to finish out the rest of my MD time.  Maybe I'll get to have a visitor over Labor Day weekend, but that's not been decided yet.  I'll do my half marathon with Ms. Motivator and complete the handful of activities that Teh MD Roomies and I have planned for DC/MD.  My terminal leave should start in the beginning of October, at which point, I'll finally be making the official move down to SC with all the stuff the movers failed to pack and that I set aside and the dogs.

In the meantime, I'll still continue to job hunt and beg and plead with the job gods that I'm actually an excellent candidate and totally trainable and I just want to make my car payment and take care of the dogs and maybe help pay some bills or something.  All prayers, well wishes, good luck, and other associated positive vibes/offerings are accepted on the job front.  I think I'm going to need all the help I can get!

YAY for plans!!!!

PS.  I may have spent an hour looking at Grey's gifs.  Not even sorry.

Linking up with these ladies:

Dateless in Dallas


  1. Ummm....Woot- Freakin- Woot!! You go girl! I spend hours upon hours looking at Gifs from my favorite shows, so no shame for us chick! No. Shame.

  2. Yay for things being official/clarified/not up in the air!!! So many reasons to happy dance in this post!!! *happy dance* *happy dance*


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!