Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Weekend Review {8/23}

When we left off Friday, the adventures were just beginning...
We had no AC, but we had a marriage license.. so ya know, balance.
Despite what you might have been thinking, my life didn't end after the eclipse, thus causing my absence, but life did overwhelm me, in part because of the eclipse.. so ya know, it's taking the blame either way.. On to the weekend!


Friday was a roller coaster.  I went to work in the morning.  It was fine getting ready for work since we had the window unit AC, but the rest of the house was toasty.  Roux's Humom brought Pax and Meri to her house for a heat reprieve.

I left work at 1230 so I could go pick up my dress in West Ashley, then deliver it to the tailor for my fitting.  I remembered my shoes!  I did not remember my sash!  At this point in my life, shit like this seems to be the norm.  I was able to get my fitting done, I wasn't overly happy, but it could have just been me expecting magic and there was no magic.

Also, I might be weird in that I don't like shit hitting my feet when I walk.  I don't want dresses to be ankle length, but toe length is too long.  Look people, I don't have the natural grace for walking so when my toes catch on shit, I fall on my face.  I've accepted it.  Now let's stop hemming things so that they fall ON my feet.  I could probably have my dress taken in a little bit on the sides, but I'm not sure I want to do that at this point.  My biggest disappointment was that I was told there was probably something I could do for boob support and the tailor didn't seem to have that same opinion other than getting a bra extender and well.. that's not really what I want to do because bras are annoying I can only imagine that adding a bra to this dress is going to be a pain in the ass.

Also, before suggesting those cup things, just think of that viral video with the woman with JJJ boobs or whatever size they were trying on that adhesive bra and that's exactly what it would be like with me too.  Those things don't work unless your boobs are a B cup or smaller.  Period.  I used to be optimistic, but I've come to accept the rough life of the big-titted.

After my fitting, I headed home to commiserate with the dogs.  The AC company called to tell me I was fucked and that I'd be paying to fix the HVAC.  Grand.  They were willing to offer me a deal on the labor.  Instead of $999 (can we just call $1000, a $1000?) they would only charge me $799 (ughhh) or I could buy a warranty plan for them that would cover labor for the next 9 years.  Only 9 because the parts warranty is through the HVAC company and we're already a year in but they cover parts for 10 years.. not labor though.  So really, I'm paying $1250 for an insurance policy that if anything HVAC related breaks, the AC company fixes it for free.

Since they couldn't get to me until Tuesday.. they offered to come over and add more freon to the system and let it leak out.  This is something I refused to pay for on Thursday night, when I was told that the part may be in stock and they might be able to come out on Friday to fix it, IF the part was in stock.  You can imagine my rage on Friday afternoon when I found out that the part HAD BEEN in stock but no one called to set up an appointment with me.  #RAGE

Fortunately, the leak isn't so bad, so it stayed cold through when they arrived on Tuesday.  While I waited on Teh German to get home and/or the AC guy to arrive, I opened up the Christmas haul I had sitting on the table: 2 vanity cabinets, 1 over toilet cabinet, 3 pairs of shoes, all the collars, a new entry mat for the front door (which will be put down in October), my German book, 2 key chains, halloween costumes for Teh German, Teh PT Kid, Max, and Teh PT Husband... and probably something else I'm forgetting.  Actually, one of my boxes was delivered to the wrong house and they dropped it off and it contained 3 pairs of sandals, one of which is going back. 

Right before Teh German came home, the AC guy arrived to add more freon.  It took about 30 minutes to refill.  When the AC guy finally left, it was almost time for Teh German and I to head to West Ashley for dance lessons.  Traffic ended up being so fucked up that we weren't able to get dinner before hand, so Teh German was having to curb his hangar by the end.

We had agreed to go to the pizza place that was by the dance studio for dinner.  IT WAS A SOLID LIFE CHOICE.  I think we may have found a new favorite pizza place and it's pretty hard to beat out D'Al's.. except that this place isn't downtown, so that definitely helped.

Famulari’s Pizzeria

After pizza, we hit up Total Wine, where we saw our neighbor and his daughter, filled some growlers, then headed home for smoking time with Teh Neighbors.

This is what happens when I try to get selfies with Meri.
No loyalty, Dog.

Eventually, it was sleepy time and we called it a night and headed home.


Saturday, I was mostly unmotivated.  Teh German went over to Teh PT House to help Teh PT Husband with some truck project they have been talking about for (what feels like) ages.  With Teh German out of the house, I built the bathroom cabinets.. all 3 of them.. and I only fucked up one!  It wasn't really my fault, it was made of particle board and already had a hole and then I realized I shouldn't have put the screw in already and took it out and then it wouldn't stay in very well and ughhhhh.. Nonetheless, I got them all built and all Teh German had to do was hang them.

After I finished with the cabinets, Teh PT Wife, Teh PT Kid, and I hit up the pool for some SPF tanning.  There were some turdhats there who were being obnoxious, but we all survived. 

Before we left the pool, Teh PT Wife and I agreed that we should go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  When we headed home, we got the dudes on board with the plan.  Teh German ended up unsuccessfully napping since Pax and Meri wanted to play in the loft where he was relaxing.  I probably rested my eyes for about 10 minutes before it was time to get up and finish getting ready.

At Texas Roadhouse, I showed off all my intricate knowledge from when I worked there.  Teh PT Kid and I fought over a basket of rolls.  The food was delicious as always.  When we got back home, there was a crisis because a dog had pulled the coconut oil baster off the counter and there were plastic bits of baster all over the loft and the rubber part was no where to be found (spoiler alert: the rubber part was later found by Teh German after I had looked and not found it).  Please note that Pax is out counter jumper/surfer and after too many DVD incidents, he is now muzzled with a poop guard so he can't eat everything in our house as he pleases and my princess, Meri, doesn't jump up on the counters.

After getting everything as cleaned up as possible, we headed over to Teh PT House for hanging out.  While the dudes were out smoking, Teh PT Wife and I puzzled.  It had been a while, so it was much fun.  The dudes came in and we were about to leave when Marcy thought that Meri was a tasty morsel.  We were able to get Marcy off Meri without much damage.  Meri had a spot on her neck and I got bit because I'm an idiot (or a tiger mom, you choose).  After the blood (mine) was cleaned up and super glue had been put in my wound, we headed home.  Meri was fine, I was fine.. we were all just amped up on adrenaline.

When we got home, it was bedtime chores, some reading (for me)/social media time (for Teh German) so we could wind down, then it was sleepy time.


Sunday was a slow start.  Teh German and I had leftovers for breakfast and then we got motivated.  Teh German hung the cabinets.  Instead of being an audience (which always makes the German noises worse), I vacuumed the upstairs and then hung out in the loft (so I could hear Teh German if he yelled for help) snuggling with Meri.  She was mostly normal, but she was extra snuggly, but I couldn't tell if it was the baster eating or the Marcy incident.  I was happy to comply with snuggles, nonetheless.

While I waited for Teh German to need my help, our baker delivered another version of peanut butter chocolate cupcakes for us to sample.  YAY!

Eventually, Teh German needed my help for hanging things and I held up the cabinets so he could screw them in. 

With the cabinets task accomplished, Teh German headed outside to mow the grass and edge.  I talked with Teh Mom for a little bit, then headed outside to fertilize/water my plants.  After I was done with the stinky fertilizer (fish food), I decided to reorganize the garage.  I moved a mostly empty shelf in the place of the shoe holder, which got moved to the curb, I swept out the garage.  After everything was "clean" I moved the gardening dirt/mulch/grass fertilizer/etc to the other end of my parking spot.  I don't really love it there, but I did at least clean out the corner where it had been.  Yet, I'll probably move it all back to where it was.

Since it was almost dinner time, I headed inside and started our last Hello Fresh meal, some beef thing, which didn't overly impress me (since I overcooked our steak).  After cleaning up dinner, we sat down and had a Parks and Rec marathon until it was bedtime.


More importantly, FINALLY Teh Running Bestie's arrival day!  Teh Swim Family also came with her.  They are in Myrtle for the week and wanted to watch the eclipse from Charleston since we were supposed to get totality.

For me it was a normal teleworking day.  Everyone arrived at 5 till 9 and we got all say hello and then I had to run upstairs for my daily meeting.  After my call was over and I completed and emailed a document I had been working on, I headed downstairs to socialize with my guests.  We played a few games, including a few rounds of Organ Attack.  Eventually we had lunch and snacks.  I made sure to be available for work if anything came up.

I broke away for a little bit to deliver eclipse glasses to Teh PT Family.  They were headed to the pool.  I made sure to love on Marcy and Max.  I chatted with Teh PT Wife for a little bit and listened to Teh PT Kid chatter away.  Eventually I headed back to House.

Everyone was sitting out back on the patio but the clouds had started rolling in.  Swim Mom was saying if we went a little bit to one direction we'd be able to see the eclipse.  Finally, we broke down and said, ok, let's go!  We all loaded up (in 2 vehicles) and headed towards the coast.  I knew I didn't want to go to the beaches and my coworkers in Mt. Pleasant had said they were able to see it, but a storm was rolling in.  On a whim, I just decided to go to Teh German's work to see if it was possible to see it from there.

We got super lucky and we were able to see it!  Unfortunately, right at totality the storm clouds rolled over and they were too thick to see through, but we did at least get to see some of the eclipse.  Also cool, I got to watch the eclipse with Teh German (who announced to us that he had seen an eclipse before).  Teh PT Wife and Teh PT Kid joined us so they could watch it too.

Storm clouds rolling in right at totality time.

Eclipse Chasers at totality.

After we got home, I checked to make sure I hadn't missed anything for work and then learned how to play Settlers of Catan.  I didn't win, but I did have fun.  I don't overly love the whole getting points thing, I just liked building stuffs.  Now I need to play Ticket to Ride and see which one I like better.

We placed an order for Willie Jewell's for dinner.  While we were playing Catan, Teh Running Bestie went and picked it up for us.  Dinner was served right as Second Child won.  Not long after, our guests headed back to Myrtle Beach for the rest of their vacation.

Pax was pooped after playing with Third Child throughout the day.


Not that Tuesday was a weekend day, but it was kinda the bookend for a shitty week, so I'm including it.  I went to work on Tuesday morning and realized when I got there that 1- I was earlier than the person with the key, and 2- the AC guy was supposed to come between 9-11 to fix the HVAC.  Ugh.  Once I got inside, I set up for a little bit and then ended up heading home at 0835 to meet the AC guy.

When I got home, Meri was extremely lethargic.  More so than when I had left her.  A concerning amount.  I had already made a vet appointment for her in the afternoon, but I was so concerned when I got home that I bumped her appointment up to the morning.  What this meant was a HUGE wrinkle in my schedule since no one would be home for the maintenance people.  When I called Teh German he couldn't come home (we're going to work on his emergency situation response), Roux's Humom was out, and I was loosing my mind.  Before I resorted to just trusting that the HVAC guys and anyone else that was coming to the house wouldn't steal from us, I asked our neighbor if he could come over and house sit while they worked on the HVAC.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love our neighbors?  Seriously.  Our neighbors are awesome.

He was expecting the same maintenance workers, sans the HVAC guys at his house, so I turned on the security cameras so he could see when someone pulled up in front of his house.  I booked it out with Pax and Meri to the vet.  Meri had a large lump under the place where Marcy had bit her, but I assumed it was just swollen.  Turns out, it was an abscess that drained when the vet was examining her.  Pax needed a heartworm test, which was easy-peasy.  Meri also went back for some xrays to check and make sure that the baster wasn't causing an obstruction, it wasn't.  We came home with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory for Meri.

When I was pulling into the development, the neighbor called and told me that his workers had arrived and I told him I was about to pull up to the house, so perfect timing!  The screened in pergola dude pulled up at the same time as me.  Once I got everyone situated, I joined him in the backyard to discuss what we were looking for.  All the while, the HVAC guys were replacing the coil that cost me $1250 since I'd rather just buy the warranty for 9 years in case some thing else breaks rather than pay a mabillionty dollars over the next 10 years.

Around noon, the HVAC guys left and I was finally left to my own devices.  And then, the builder stopped by.  I finally broke down and yelled at him after he told me that the painters were supposed to come on Wednesday... I explained, patiently, that school started on Wednesday and that I was no longer available on M/W/F.  He then proceeded to ask me if I wanted him to schedule them to come next Wednesday and I lost my shit.  I CANNOT.

After we cleared up a potential schedule mishap, he headed out and I got to truck through my work day.  Meri started getting whiny after a while and I finally just gave her half a tramadol so she wouldn't hurt, thanks Phil.

The rest of the day was much smoother.  Teh German came home and gave me a hug.  He also made dinner and I worked on this post.  Despite dealing with Meri's cries, she eventually decided that it was worth it to get up for dinner time and to gaze out the window.  After several episodes of Parks and Rec, it was finally bedtime.


Seriously, Gentle Readers, the last 5 days have exhausted me.  Actually, the last week+ has exhuasted me, but the last 5 days really tried to take me down.  I didn't have a single meltdown despite all the curveballs I endured.

Today is my 2nd first day of college!  I'm going to try and let all the horribleness of the last 3 months (hip surgery, crutches, not being able to drive, #goatdogs, self-inflicted laptop drama, no AC, barometer headaches, sunburn, Meri and Marcy's incident) deter the fact that I am excited/nervous to start school again.  Because the reality is, I had an EPIC summer "break."

Now it's time to switch gears and prepare to lose all my free time to working and homework!!!  Woo!

I had to.
Also, the big thing in my selfie is a class ring.
Cadets are VERY proud of their school.  This was a class gift to the school.

1 comment:

  1. aw man! those storm clouds ARE SO RUDE to block your vision! i stayed in because i didn't have glasses but I watched the whole thing on youtube.


YAY!! I love comments! Please be aware that I reply to comments via email; please have an email associated with your account so we can chat!