Tuesday, May 14, 2013
14 May: Material-less Happiness
Day 14, Tuesday: Ten things that make you really happy
1. Teh Bear hugs when I'm have a stupendously bad day.
2. When Phil gets really excited and does zoomies in the house.
3. Taking pictures of flowers.
4. Being grateful.
5. Not being overseas.
6. Making people laugh.
7. The smell of fresh laundry.
8. Random calls from friends.
9. Hearing my favorite songs on the radio.
10. Having sing-alongs in my car (by myself or with passengers)
10 NON-MATERIAL items that make me happy, BOOM!
Sometimes I feel like people focus their happiness on (mainly) material items. I am frequently guilty of this. I mean, my computer makes me happy every day because it provides me with hours of entertainment and the ability to see Teh Bear's face, but I don't feel anything towards it since it is a material object. I walk away from it and don't miss it. Whereas having a sing-along with friends in Teh Kaar was one of my favorite memories from Bahrain with Shoulda Been a Cowgirl and Teh HP Wizard.
Perspective, I'm getting there.