UNOYou wanna know what is difficult? Moving mattresses. WTF. Why is that shit so hard? Yesterday, I moved TWO. I moved my bed to the guest room and Mr. Scrooge's bed to the master. By bed, I don't just mean the mattress, I mean the entire bed and frame. Which wouldn't be that big of a deal if I'd have had help or if my bed headboard/footboard didn't weigh a mabillionty pounds.
Mr. Scrooge came home and his comment was, "You've been busy. Did you do this by yourself?"
My response was, "I'm just as surprised as you are, but yes I did."
Soreness is imminent.
DOSI wasn't going to run this morning. I wasn't really feeling it after some shitty sleeps and soreness from numero uno. Then, within 5 minutes of hearing Mr. Scrooge leave for work, I realized that I had forgotten to drop Yurtle off at the doctor for her 60,000 mile maintenance. FML. The dealership really isn't that far from the house, so with a quick Gmaps check, I validated that it was only 3 miles. I could just run home.
So I did.
And it was horrible. Absolutely fucking HORRIBLE.
1. The sidewalk on the road where the dealership is, is on the side with all the businesses and streets. This is very stressful. Not just because I was running in mostly the dark and was afraid of getting hit by a car, but also because that means that the sidewalk isn't level since there are dips for the driveways/roads.
2. There are no crosswalks at the major intersections, despite having a sidewalk on that side of the street.. WHAT???? Yeah running across an 8 lane intersection in mostly the dark at 0530 is one of the more scary experiences of my entire life. Times that by TWO.
3. To get home, I had to cross the train tracks... and OF COURSE the train would be passing through right as I approach the tracks. Granted, this isn't Nemesis Train 1, but I wasn't pleased at the time hit I was taking.
4. I had the worst pain in my calves. Maybe shin splits? Maybe just the speed I was going. Idk what it was, but I had to walk quite a bit this morning so my time was completely and utter shit.
5. Someone walking almost walked into me (because they were staring at their phone screen, OF FREAKIN COURSE, and walking in the middle of the sidewalk) and I didn't even apologize for scaring the bejesus out of them when I finally said, "Excuse me!" when I was almost running into them. I mean, I had stepped on a stick, drug my feet, and cleared my throat to signal that I was approaching. WTF people, less screens more awareness of your surroundings!!!
TRESGetting Meri shaved is like getting a new dog every 6 months. I love it when she's shaved. Soooooo much. She looks less... homeless.. or less like an ASPCA dog per Teh MD Teenage Roomie.
QUATROObama is in Charleston today for funerals and I'm torn between sadness and being annoyed about all the traffic issues that will no doubt occur.
More in things IDGAF about:
-Anything Jenner related
-Anything Palin related
-Most thing about the Confederate Flag
-how many calories are in my coffee creamer
-many other things
Happy Friday, Gentle Readers.
Linking up with these ladies since it's FFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!