UNOFun things to come in November (ok and Halloween):
- Halloween! We decided on a couple costume. Oh yes, WE. We are that couple (as if you're surprised by that), we know how nauseating we are. We embrace it. LOL.
- Work Halloween Gathering
- Friends' Halloween Gathering
- Another Friends' Halloween Gathering
- An extra hour of sleep (yes, that's worth celebrating)
- Trapt concert on Nov 3rd
- Teh MD-AR's visit!
- Sweet Tea 1/2 Marathon
- The chili cook-off at the Citadel that I went to last year with Teh SC House Finder and Teh Architect
- Thanksgiving (no idea what the details are Thanksgiving day, but I am considering a Turkey Trot or the 7am WOD)
- Trying to ignore Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales
DOSSooooo, when does it become acceptable to just not do Christmas presents? The past few years, my desire to give gifts has gotten less and less (it also helps that my bank account pees a little when I look at it with Christmas gift shopping in mind). In fact, I don't even want to receive that many gifts either. I'd rather receive one thoughtful small thing than 5 things I don't really need. Is this adulting again? Ughhh.
I think part of my problem is that if I want something, I buy it for myself. Somethings I wait on, but very rarely. There is nothing I need either. In fact, there are a lot of things I NEED to do, like purge my closet or clean my house (ugh again), but I don't see those being applicable Christmas presents. But I'm accepting these things as gifts if anyone is volunteering. I don't turn away gift givers.
That said, I didn't even do a Christmas tree last year. 1- There's Meri. If you live under a rock and aren't aware, Meri is part goat. She'd eat everything on the tree. Some of my decorations are from when I was a kid. I don't want to have to release her into the wild, she was so expensive and she's so cute so often. 2- I have no idea where I'd put a tree other than in the dining room, which I guess is kinda cool cause then the lights would be way more ambient than the overhead lights. Hrmmm maybe I just talked myself into a Christmas tree? 3- It costs dollars to either buy a fake tree or a real tree. 4- I'm not sure how extreme Teh German is on the scale of "OMG YAY CHRISTMAS EXPLOSION ALL OVER THE HOUSE" to "Eh, take it or leave it." Also, it is Teh German's first Christmas away from his family for the holidays... so no pressure, Megan. #mustplanALLTHETHINGS
|Stop airing your dirty laundry on FB. We get that you want to rant, but seriously, inappropriate, kthx?|
|Oh Pun Husky, you make my day.|
QUATROThis article about trigger warnings and over-sensitivity to things that make us uncomfortable definitely made me think.
I fucking say what I want.
#Blimpgate became a thing and I'm so glad that people can have a sense of humor, but I'm sure that no one who was possibly responsible for tethering a $2.7 billion blimp thought it was funny at all. I'm also sure that aviation commands in the NE were PUMPED (pun intended) about having an awesome mission.
Brianne posted this article about passionate women and I'm proud to say I identify with so many of those traits now, where I wouldn't have at the beginning of 2015.
Apparently, in some countries, feminine hygiene products are under scrutiny for being taxed as a luxury item. Switching to the cup eliminates this problem and waste build up (because if you recycle used feminine hygiene products.. I just have nothing to say to that), just saying.
CINCO10 things that made me happy this week:
- This one isn't going to be a surprise: THE LEAVES AND THE MOUNTAINS AND LAST WEEKEND!!
- My new Ninja blender and it's awesomeness where I press a button and it just DOES MAGIC.
- The ability to go out and get lunch and work from home.
- Caveat: Specifically from Willie Jewell's
- Coworker to me: That is a very dignified photo of you two on your desk. Me to Coworker: Riiiiiight! (Photo below). Same Coworker later in the week: You really aren't a morning person are you? Because normally when I come in the morning I say hello and you just grunt back at me. Me to Coworker: I say hello! I just don't enunciate well that early in the morning. Coworker to Me: You're perfectly fine from like lunch on, but before then, well... you grunt a lot.
- We were talking about my being frustrated at Crossfit and then Teh German sent this:
Also, Wonderboy is from Hercules, if you didn't get the reference.
Yes, that is Teh German's name in my phone.
- When people tell me that Teh German and I are a cute couple, even if it looks like they are trying to decide to heckle or compliment us on how cheesy we are (ya know, if it's in person).
- Delicious smoothies that I didn't follow a recipe for, for breakfast.
- Spontaneous late night motorcycle rides that include my favorite bridge and making a full circle through/around Charleston.
- Spending a total of $9.95 on our Halloween costumes after using Amazon rewards points and Target discounts/gift cards. PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME (oh yes that was a hint).
- Realizing how much my life has changed in the last 3 months and what a drastic difference there is between Oct 2014 Megan and Oct 2015 Megan.
|We keep it classy (and dignified).|
Seriously this is one of my fave photos of us.
Happy Friday, Gentle Readers.
Linking up with these ladies since it's FFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!