Five on Friday #69
UNOUpdates about me because well, I like to talk about myself. Kthx.
- My ankle still hurts from where I slammed it into my chair on Wednesday morning, thanks for asking.
- My lower back and hips and thighs are so sore that I sometimes debate just leaving things on the floor because bending over to pick them up is just too much work. Chiro tells me I'm being really hard on my body and I may need a break.... I feel like Kathy about Muay Thai right now and I'm all hellllll no body, get your shit together and work so we can do ALL THE CROSSFIT THINGS! By all the crossfit things I mean, participate and learn and preferably not drop a barbell on my face/head, mmmkay.
- I rode Mike to work this morning and IT WAS AWESOME.. except for the part when I took off my helmet and my hair was all WTFFFFFFF. Apparently (wet) curls and helmets don't have a good relationship. I tried to fix it once I got to work but yeahhhh.. There's no one at work I'm trying to look good for and Teh German has already called me Tim Tam Bob, so really, IDGAF. #helmethairdontcare
- I made it through at least 1/2 of the Show Us Your Books linker-uppers (made that up, you're welcome) yesterday. #likeaboss #soooomanybooks
- I may or may not have almost had a breakdown regarding my dogs and them being let out while we're gone to the Renn Faire yesterday evening, but I think the problem is solved.
- I take notes for a meeting every day, then send them to the leader of the meeting afterwards for his review/edits, at which point he sends them back to me completely effed up, so I have to correct them before emailing them out to a distro. WTF is so damn hard about using the same conventions I've already used? Colons after titles, TWO spaces after a period, not 3, not 4. 1 maybe, but consistency dammit! Maybe not randomly capitalizing words that shouldn't be capitalized. This isn't German, we don't capitalize all our nouns. IT'S NOT THAT HARD!
DOSWe're going to the Renn Faire this weekend! I'm sure you're tired of hearing about it, don't curr. I'm so stupidly excited. We had planned to go on Saturday (so Sunday could be a recovery/snuggle day) but Teh German ended up needing to be at work on Saturday morning. The silly, silly, VERY silly man thought we'd go without him. #Scottydoesntknow Which I realized when he said, now you don't have to worry about someone coming to let the dogs out, which has been my crisis this past week. I actually laughed in his face. It was in good humor, I swear, but mostly in a "You're so cute" type way. I informed him that we would just go on Sunday instead of Saturday and the problem would be solved.
I have 2 ladies coming to meet Phil and Meri this afternoon and they will probably be coming by to let them out while we are gone. I just need to make sure that our date adjustment works for them. Of the 5/6 people I called, 2 of the 3 that responded are greyhound people, which brings me great peace. I know, I know.. I'm such a breed snob. But sighthounds are kinda weird and they aren't really like regular dogs who have recall and sniff their way home. Greyhound people know that the dogs need to be on a leash or in a fence and they aren't to be trusted... ever. Also, the 2nd dude that called me back said the magic words to me, "And I'll give you a discount because you have a greyhound." Yasssss, please and thank you.
TRESDuolingo says I'm 7% fluent in German. It also asks me if I want to add that to my LinkedIn profile, but I don't think we'll go that far just yet, kthx.
Teh German actually scoffs at the app when it accepts my obviously mispronounced speaking.
IDGAF as long as I pass the lessons. What this really means is that I try to do my lessons when Teh German isn't around, which is good and bad. Good because I get them done. Bad because he KNOWS German and I should be corrected when I'm saying things wrong (JK, I don't like being corrected and I feel silly and embarrassed when he tries to correct me).
Also, I have serious weakness with German -ch. Specifically dich. It either sounds like dick or dich (English pronunciation) instead of deeshh (German pronunciation).
I won't even lie that I had to download the German keyboard on SwiftType so I could access the umlauts and often autocorrect suggests words to me and I totally select them, especially if I have no idea how to spell whatever the Duolingo lady is trying to say. This isn't cheating, it's using resources wisely, kthx.
I am actually learning some German, mostly vocab and some sentence structure. I struggle a little bit because on the app, it's just a guessing game. On the website there are actually notes before each lesson, which is extremely helpful. It's just too bad they aren't on the app. I also know that I need to do writing lessons because I learn best by writing it down... repeatedly. I really should have Teh German talk to me in... German, but I'm not there yet.
QUATROI don't know how I feel about this. Part of me wants to agree with her and part of me doesn't. Some stories are just better told through different mediums.
Steph posted this about how addicted to our screens we've become. I think it's awesome so I'm sharing it again.
Sometimes I read Mommy posts that are liked by moms that I'm friends with. It's like free birth control, what can I say? Husbands Response to Wife's Photoshoped Boudoir Photos
I didn't realize my man-crush had a new movie coming out... But apparently he does. Hopefully, Teh German will understand that I just can't fight my love of Tom Hiddleston. Side note, wtf is a "Hiddlestoner?" Update: he's NAKED in the movie!!! #Imaynotbeabletocontainmyself
I 100% forgot that Grey's Anatomy had started up again until I saw these two articles:
I didn't read either of those articles because the possibility for spoilers is just too much for me at this time. That said, I need to catch up on the ONE TV show I watch. #goodjobMegan
CINCOTen things that made me happy this week:
- Going from "no me gusta" to "Ich mag es nicht."
- Completing my Crossfit on-ramp.
- The Endurance Club being pushed from Thursday to next Tuesday and it starting 30 minutes later than planned. Who cares if it means reflective belts! It also means pants and long sleeves, bring it!
- The ability to go to the chiropractor whenever I need/want.
- Teh German telling me I looked sexy riding Mike.
- COOLER TEMPS!!! And by cooler I mean, it was only in the 80s yesterday.
- Surprise Halloween packages from Teh MD-AR.
- Not having to take time off on Monday for a kinda "holiday" (Yay for banking that PTO!)
- Quiet, sappy, pillow talk
- Memories of first dates when I didn't realize that our jokes were actually "inside jokes" and that I'd fall for the man across the table incredibly hard and incredibly fast and be more confident in all our "too soons" than anything I'd ever experienced in my entire life.
Happy Friday, Gentle Readers.
Linking up with these ladies since it's FFFFRRRRRRIIIIIIDDDDAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!